Resource icon

FN11.3 iocage jails - Plex, Tautulli, Sonarr, Radarr, Lidarr, Jackett, Transmission, Organizr

PeterSM

Dabbler
Firstly many thanks for the excelent thread.
I have installed Lidarr, Plex, Radarr, Sabnzbd, Sonarr , Transmission and Jackett. and all are working well.
Sabnzbd and Plex I can update using "pkg update && pkg upgrade -y". Radarr and Lidarr update through the GUI but Jackett refuses to update through the GUI.

Having read Denist's instructions I have upgraded using:
Code:
iocage exec jackett service jackett stop

iocage exec jackett "fetch https://github.com/Jackett/Jackett/releases/download/v0.10.455/Jackett.Binaries.Mono.tar.gz -o /usr/local/share"

iocage exec jackett "tar -xzvf /usr/local/share/Jackett.Binaries.Mono.tar.gz -C /usr/local/share"

iocage exec jackett rm /usr/local/share/Jackett.Binaries.Mono.tar.gz

iocage exec jackett chown -R jackett:jackett /usr/local/share/Jackett /config/Jackett

iocage exec jackett service jackett start

But is there any way to upgrade through the GUI?

Pentaflake

Explorer
Did you follow the guide this thread is actually for? If auto updating isn't working using those instructions I will take a look if something changed recently but otherwise you should open an issue on the github for jackett.

PeterSM

Dabbler
Yes I followed the guide just amending for my own setup. I am using FreeNAS11.2-RC2 which now has the fix for the OpenVPN issue.

Pentaflake

Explorer
I'll take a look at it over the next few days since it looks like mine isn't updating automatically anymore as well. I do currently have 11.2-RC2 installed as well for testing.

denist

Contributor
I have never tried using the jacket auto update always did it manually. Before in Jackett we had to input the github address, has this chaged and should auto update now??

Pentaflake

Explorer
I just tested recreating my jail and autoupdating is working fine now via Jacketts internal mechanism. Make sure you followed the steps in my guide correctly. If using the Check for Updates button fails in the Jackett UI I would check the updater.txt log and see why its failing. You should make an issue if you are still having issues at Jacketts github.

AirborneTrooper

Contributor
Is Ombi working for anyone on 11.2-RC2? I cannot get the page to load using port 3579. Did the port change? I couldn't figure out where to find the port in the configs so I only have this guide.

Skyler

Dabbler
I'm having issues with OpenVPN + Transmission in 11.2 release (iocage jail). I've followed the guide and OpenVPN appears to be running as I can see tun0 is created when the OpenVPN service is running. I can run curl icanhazip.com from within the jail and I get a different IP address than running it outside of the jail. However, when OpenVPN is running, Transmission will not download anything. If I turn OpenVPN off, Transmission will resume downloading.

Any idea why Transmission will not download when OpenVPN is running?

Skyler

Dabbler
I resolved this by setting up the OpenVPN client on my router. I targeted the Transmission jail IP and was able to setup a killswitch as well. I'm not sure why/how setting up OpenVPN on my router was any different than in the jail, but it's working as expected now.

Nvious1

Explorer
@Pentaflake any reason? I'm redoing my jails and can't find an older version of your post to go by, it was a big help the first time.

I am going to try to take a crack at getting NZBGet working. If I am successful, I will post that config in here as an alternative to SABnzbd.

fvargasfrank

Dabbler
I was wondering the same thing what happened with SABnzbd, i have it running in legacy and was trying to move over to the new jail system

Hasosoft

Cadet
I was looking for the same thing since there is no version history except for the changelog, and archive.org doesn't seem to index this forum. What I found by googling iocage + sabnzbd was this. Obviously modify it to your own needs but it worked for me.

Wolfeman0101

Patron
You should all check out NZBGet it's better and you won't have to wait forever for updates like SABnzbd on FreeNAS.

par

Explorer
You should all check out NZBGet it's better and you won't have to wait forever for updates like SABnzbd on FreeNAS.
I've been running NZBGet for a while it is a simple setup:
  1. pkg install nzbget unrar
  2. sysrc "nzbget_enable=YES"
  3. service nzbget start
  4. access nzbget at http://JAIL_IP:6789 with default login nzbget / tegbzn6789
  5. in NZBGet > Settings > Unpack > UnrarCmd set this to /usr/local/bin/unrar
:cool:

Last edited:

Nvious1

Explorer
I've been running NZBGet for a while it is a simple setup:
  1. pkg install nzbget unrar
  2. sysrc "nzbget_enable=YES"
  3. service nzbget start
  4. access nzbget at http://JAIL_IP:6789 with default login nzbget / tegbzn6789
  5. in NZBGet > Settings > Unpack > UnrarCmd set this to /usr/local/bin/unrar
:cool:

Some additional items I found out and had to correct as well are.
  1. nzbget runs as root by default with the pkg install. If you want it to run as another user (for matching mount permissions), you need to create that user inside the jail and set the DaemonUsername value in the /usr/local/etc/nzbget.conf file.
    Code:
    pw user add nzbget -c nzbget -u 499 -d /nonexistent -s /usr/bin/nologin

2. Also if you want to store you configuration file outside of the jail via a mount, you need to copy the locally created one to your mount location then, either edit the rc script to pass your config file (nzbget -c <configfile> -D or replace the default one with a symlink to the mount path.

Code:
    ln -s /<mnt_path_here>/nzbget.conf /usr/local/etc/nzbget.conf

Digitaldreams

Explorer
Has there been fix to the VNET failure issue when creating a new jail using a static IP? I'm using 11.2