Resource icon

FN11.3 iocage jails - Plex, Tautulli, Sonarr, Radarr, Lidarr, Jackett, Transmission, Organizr

thxtex

Dabbler
First thing I can see is, I am 90% sure your IP of “vnet0|192.168.1.32” is missing its subnet mask. It should be so,etching like “vnet0|192.168.1.32/24”

Not sure if that is the root issue or. It.

Thanks. I tried it, but it did not make any difference.

ThreeDee

Guru
Tautulli

....thank you for the guides .. With latest 11.2 here is what I did:
Create a jail with dhcp/vnet enabled (or set your own IP with vnet on and your adapter)
start the new jail (little buttons on the side of the jail)
go to the shell of the jail (new options appear with same little buttons on the side)

Code:
pkg update && pkg upgrade -y
pkg install tautulli
sysrc "tautulli_enable=YES"
service tautulli onestart

type in <jail ip>:8181in your browser and tautulli pops up and bam .. its working great ... anyhoo , just playing around with iocage and posting stuff

**EDIT** added " sysrc "tautulli_enable=YES" " to code so tautulli starts if you reboot your server per Pentaflake's setup instructions **EDIT**

Last edited:

Tripwire999

Cadet
Hey guys i've installed everything according to this guide (some folders are a bit different). But I'm running into a problem here. I've installed Sabnzbd, Sonarr, Radarr and Plex jails. Sonarr, Radarr, and Plex jails are working on the media:media permissions but the sabnzbd runs on the _sabnzbd:_sabnzbd permissions. Downloading works fine but I Sonarr or Radarr can't import the series or movies. When I change the permissions to media:media Sonarr and Radarr can import the movies but Sabnzbd can't create folders / downloads anymore... Any idea how I can solve this?

NasKar

Guru
Hey guys i've installed everything according to this guide (some folders are a bit different). But I'm running into a problem here. I've installed Sabnzbd, Sonarr, Radarr and Plex jails. Sonarr, Radarr, and Plex jails are working on the media:media permissions but the sabnzbd runs on the _sabnzbd:_sabnzbd permissions. Downloading works fine but I Sonarr or Radarr can't import the series or movies. When I change the permissions to media:media Sonarr and Radarr can import the movies but Sabnzbd can't create folders / downloads any more... Any idea how I can solve this?
I would make the sabnzbd user media.
add the media user to the jail
Code:
pw user add media -c media -u 8675309  -d /nonexistent -s /usr/bin/nologin

edit /usr/local/etc/rc.d/sabnzbd and change the sabnzbd_user to media and sabnzbd_group to media
not sure if it's redundant but in the jail
Code:
sysrc "sabnzbd_user=media"

don't forget to change the config dir to the media:media

kranzel

Explorer
Thanks. I tried it, but it did not make any difference.
Hey,

Sorry that didn't work for you. One other issue I had in the past was with my bridge setting. Not sure this will affect you or not, but I had my system on Freenas 11.1 when that weird network error occurred and various people were having issues. It was one of the 11.1 -u updates if I remember. What I found was my Bridge used to be "bridge0" but was switched to "bridge1". So I would have to create the jails, modify the network settings, then install each of the packages separately. After that, i could continue with the guide.

I know you have a fresh install, but thought I would put it out there.

Here is what I have has to due to date. There is probably a way to fix this, but just putting it out there in case it might help.

Code:
echo '{"pkgs":["sabnzbdplus","ca_root_nss"]}' > /tmp/pkg.json
iocage create -n "SabNzbD" -p /tmp/pkg.json -r 11.2-RELEASE ip4_addr="vnet0|IPAddress/NetMask" defaultrouter="GatewayIp" vnet="on" allow_raw_sockets="1" boot="on" 

At this point, the jail would get created, but nothing would download or install.

I would then go into the FreeNas GUI. Stop the jail, go to "Edit". Then, select "Network Properties" and go to the "Interfaces" section. For whatever reason, every new jail created is assigned "vnet0:bridge0" but ever since that update, it should have been "vnet0:bridge1". So, I update the interface accordingly, select save and start the jail again.

Then, I SSH into my FreeNas box and do the following,

Code:
iocage console JailName
pkg update (At this point, i get an error saying package manager is not installed, do I want to install it? I select Yes.)
pkg install sabnzbdplus
pkg install ca_root_nss
exit

After this I can follow the rest of the guide without issue.

kranzel

Explorer
Hey guys i've installed everything according to this guide (some folders are a bit different). But I'm running into a problem here. I've installed Sabnzbd, Sonarr, Radarr and Plex jails. Sonarr, Radarr, and Plex jails are working on the media:media permissions but the sabnzbd runs on the _sabnzbd:_sabnzbd permissions. Downloading works fine but I Sonarr or Radarr can't import the series or movies. When I change the permissions to media:media Sonarr and Radarr can import the movies but Sabnzbd can't create folders / downloads any more... Any idea how I can solve this?

Not sure how your permissions are setup, but for me, I used the "Group Writeable" options. However, in the guide listed here, it shows SabNzbD as running as "media". However, in later versions, it appears to run as "_sabnazb".

So, in my case, I had created a group called "Media" in freenas, with a group id of "1001". I gave that group access to my data in freenas. Then, in the "SabNzbD" jail, after following the guide, I did the following.

Code:
pw groupadd -n Media -g 1001
pw groupmod Media -m _sabnzbd
chown -R _sabnzbd:Media <your download directory>

I then exited our of the jail and restarted it.

That fixed my permissions issues.

windyboi

Explorer
Hi, using commands to install plex jail but I get error when I run iocage create -n "plex" -p /tmp/pkg.json -r 11.2-RELEASE ip4_addr="vnet0|192.168.11.50/24"

ifconfig: interface vnet0 does not exist
jail: /sbin/ifconfig vnet0 inet 192.168.11.50/24 alias: failed

Did I miss some steps somewhere to create the vnet0 interface first? My interfaces from ifconfig are: bge0 (main physical interface with IP of FreeNAS), bge1 (second physical interface I want to use with transmission jail), and bridge0 for iohyve.

I have transmission and plex already in the legacy FreeNAS UI. I heard it is easier to create them new than to use the migrate script?

Thank you

ThreeDee

Guru
in the new gui just create the jail .. put check mark in "vnet" box and either check dhcp box or put in ip address you want of the jail (don't forget the gateway) .. start the jail .. launch the shell of the jail and then install whatever you want to install easy as pie

windyboi

Explorer
in the new gui just create the jail .. put check mark in "vnet" box and either check dhcp box or put in IP address you want of the jail (don't forget the gateway) .. start the jail .. launch the shell of the jail and then install whatever you want to install easy as pie

Oh, I tried using the GUI, setting vnet and bge0 as my network card, giving it an IP etc. However, when I start the jail and ifconfig, I only can see the loopback interface :S

So, I thought maybe I should give it a go from the command line instead :/

picklefish

Explorer
Has anyone managed to get Hardware Transcoding working with plex in iocage? I started having a few transcoding issues when I ported to IOCAGE so I turned off hardware encoding.

Anyone have a guide to getting hardware encoding working? Thanks

rknaub

Explorer
I was recently able to get Lidarr installed and running thanks to some dedicated users here.

Can someone tell me what part of the code I would modify if I do not want the /config stored outside of the jail? I understand restoring settings are easier if I need to wipe the jail, but I’m more concerned with not having some random folder and files on my media storage volume containing these files. All my other jails were created with plugins and I’m just familiar with that method. When I add mount points I typically choose

source: /mnt/Server/Server/Media/
dest: /mnt/Jail/iocage/jails/nameofplugin/root/media

This just works for what I use, plex, Radarr, Sonarr, and sabnzbd, and I’d like to be able to keep it similar if possible. Whether or not it’s important, I use a mirrored SSD for my jails volume, and my media volume is on ten 4TB spinning disks. I followed a guide way back when I was setting this all up and that’s how it was done in the guide. Whether or not my jails actually benefit from the SSD is irrelevant, but maybe it just makes things more difficult?

Thank you!

samuel-emrys

Contributor
I was recently able to get Lidarr installed and running thanks to some dedicated users here.

Can someone tell me what part of the code I would modify if I do not want the /config stored outside of the jail? I understand restoring settings are easier if I need to wipe the jail, but I’m more concerned with not having some random folder and files on my media storage volume containing these files. All my other jails were created with plugins and I’m just familiar with that method. When I add mount points I typically choose

source: /mnt/Server/Server/Media/
dest: /mnt/Jail/iocage/jails/nameofplugin/root/media

This just works for what I use, plex, Radarr, Sonarr, and sabnzbd, and I’d like to be able to keep it similar if possible. Whether or not it’s important, I use a mirrored SSD for my jails volume, and my media volume is on ten 4TB spinning disks. I followed a guide way back when I was setting this all up and that’s how it was done in the guide. Whether or not my jails actually benefit from the SSD is irrelevant, but maybe it just makes things more difficult?

Thank you!
Remove the entry from the fstab file for the /config directory (or mount points in gui?):
setenv EDITOR nano
iocage fstab -e lidarr

And then create the /config directory inside the jail using:
iocage exec lidarr "mkdir /config"
You might (probably) have to reconfigure Lidarr from the web ui after doing this. If you're concerned about having a dataset all on its own though, I'd suggest creating a dataset for app data, and have a sub dataset for Lidarr, and any other jails you have. Will make your life easier if (when) you have to tear a jail down. In this guide, Pentaflake's structure looks like this:

Code:
├── tank1
│   ├── apps
│   │   ├── plex
│   │   ├── sonarr
│   │   ├── radarr
│   │   ├── lidarr
│   │   ├── jackett
│   │   ├── organizr
│   │   ├── tautulli
│   │   └── transmission
│   ├── torrents
│   ├── video
│   └── music
└── iocage
    ├── ...
    ├── jails
    │   ├── plex
    │   ├── sonarr
    │   ├── radarr
    │   ├── lidarr
    │   ├── jackett
    │   ├── organizr
    │   ├── tautulli
    │   └── transmission
    └── ...

You might make different decisions about where the music/video/torrents datasets are/what they are named, but I would recommend the use of an apps dataset. The iocage dataset is just shown for completeness. This is where all of the data inside each jail lives.

Last edited:

rknaub

Explorer
Remove the entry from the fstab file for the /config directory (or mount points in gui?):
setenv EDITOR nano
iocage fstab -e lidarr

And then create the /config directory inside the jail using:
iocage exec lidarr "mkdir /config"
You might (probably) have to reconfigure Lidarr from the web ui after doing this. If you're concerned about having a dataset all on its own though, I'd suggest creating a dataset for app data, and have a sub dataset for Lidarr, and any other jails you have. Will make your life easier if (when) you have to tear a jail down. In this guide, Pentaflake's structure looks like this:

Code:
├── tank1
│   ├── apps
│   │   ├── plex
│   │   ├── sonarr
│   │   ├── radarr
│   │   ├── lidarr
│   │   ├── jackett
│   │   ├── organizr
│   │   ├── tautulli
│   │   └── transmission
│   ├── torrents
│   ├── video
│   └── music
└── iocage
    ├── ...
    ├── jails
    │   ├── plex
    │   ├── sonarr
    │   ├── radarr
    │   ├── lidarr
    │   ├── jackett
    │   ├── organizr
    │   ├── tautulli
    │   └── transmission
    └── ...

You might make different decisions about where the music/video/torrents datasets are/what they are named, but I would recommend the use of an apps dataset. The iocage dataset is just shown for completeness. This is where all of the data inside each jail lives.

Got it. Thanks again you are awesome!

Makaveli6103

Contributor
Updated from 11.1 to 11.2 via the GUI and now trying to reinstall Plex via iocage and not update my old install. I did a test run on another system wit with no problems but now have the error below when trying to install Plex.

Code:
root@tardis:~ # iocage create -n "plex" -p /tmp/pkg.json -r 11.2-RELEASE ip4_addr="vnet0|192.168.0.30/24" defaultrouter="192.168.0.1" vnet="on" allow_raw_sockets="1" boot="on"
plex successfully created!

Testing SRV response to FreeBSD
pkg.freebsd.org's SRV record could not be verified.

Testing DNSSEC response to FreeBSD
pkg.freebsd.org could not be reached via DNSSEC.

Testing DNS response to FreeBSD
pkg.freebsd.org could not be reached via DNS, check your network

outrayge

Cadet
I need help setting up Organizr. I'm pretty sure it's user error in some way as I'm new to Freenas/Linux but I was able to set up Jackett without any issues by following the instructions but I can't figure out Organizr. I get to the point where you paste the command iocage exec organizr service nginx start and I get the error:
Code:
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/nginx: user: not found
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/nginx: worker_processes: not found
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/nginx: events: not found
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/nginx: worker_connections: not found
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/nginx: 5: Syntax error: "}" unexpected

It's driving me crazy. I copied the nginx config file exactly from the tutorial. I put the nginx config file into /usr/local/etc/rc.d/. I experimented with both putting the nginx config file into the rc.d folder as well as an rc.d/nginx folder. I don't believe it would be the latter because I get a permission denied error which makes me think it's trying to execute a folder. I've also tried putting the same nginx config file into /iocage/jails/organizr/root/usr/local/etc/nginx but I still get the 'not found' error.

Additional info:
  • I'm using SMB to place the nginx config file into the folder. This is done all in organizr's jail, right?
  • When opening the config file in notepad++, I verified that the EOL conversion is unix
  • I've tried naming the file both nginx and nginx.conf. Does it make a difference?
  • I've used chown to both www and root to see if it'd make a difference
  • I've set chmod to 777
Please let me know if there's any more details that needs to be provided.

RoGi

Cadet
First of, thank you for this guide. It really helped me when moving from Warden to Iocage.

After spending a few nights on this, I have finally closed down all my old Warden jails and moved Plex, Sonarr, Radarr, Jackett to Iocage and even managed to get Deluge witn OpenVPN to run.

Then I saw the guide for Organizr and thought I would give it a go. Followed the instructions in the guide and almost made it to the end. I run in to an issue when getting to the part at the end (accessing the web GUI). For some reason it do not want to load for me and just gives me a message saying:
Code:
An error occurred.

Sorry, the page you are looking for is currently unavailable.
Please try again later.

If you are the system administrator of this resource then you should check the error log for details.

Faithfully yours, nginx.

I even delete the jail and tired again, just to get stuck again of accessing the web-page.

Both nginx and php-fpm starts fine and is telling me the the config files are okay. Did some digging around and found the error log for the web-server.

Code:
2019/01/23 15:44:25 [crit] 48302#101967: *1 connect() to unix:/var/run/php-fpm.sock failed (2: No such file or directory) while connecting to upstream, client: 192.168.11.197, server: localhost, request: "GET / HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php-fpm.sock:", host: "192.168.11.14"
2019/01/23 15:44:25 [error] 48302#101967: *1 open() "/usr/local/www/Organizr/favicon.ico" failed (2: No such file or directory), client: 192.168.11.197, server: localhost, request: "GET /favicon.ico HTTP/1.1", host: "192.168.11.14"

I checked the file system and there is no /var/run/php-fpm.sock file (in the organizr jail)

Is there something I have missed? Or any ideas of how to fix it?

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

Platy

Cadet
First of, thank you for this guide. It really helped me when moving from Warden to Iocage.

After spending a few nights on this, I have finally closed down all my old Warden jails and moved Plex, Sonarr, Radarr, Jackett to Iocage and even managed to get Deluge witn OpenVPN to run.

Then I saw the guide for Organizr and thought I would give it a go. Followed the instructions in the guide and almost made it to the end. I run in to an issue when getting to the part at the end (accessing the web GUI). For some reason it do not want to load for me and just gives me a message saying:
Code:
An error occurred.

Sorry, the page you are looking for is currently unavailable.
Please try again later.

If you are the system administrator of this resource then you should check the error log for details.

Faithfully yours, nginx.

I even delete the jail and tired again, just to get stuck again of accessing the web-page.

Both nginx and php-fpm starts fine and is telling me the the config files are okay. Did some digging around and found the error log for the web-server.

Code:
2019/01/23 15:44:25 [crit] 48302#101967: *1 connect() to unix:/var/run/php-fpm.sock failed (2: No such file or directory) while connecting to upstream, client: 192.168.11.197, server: localhost, request: "GET / HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php-fpm.sock:", host: "192.168.11.14"
2019/01/23 15:44:25 [error] 48302#101967: *1 open() "/usr/local/www/Organizr/favicon.ico" failed (2: No such file or directory), client: 192.168.11.197, server: localhost, request: "GET /favicon.ico HTTP/1.1", host: "192.168.11.14"

I checked the file system and there is no /var/run/php-fpm.sock file (in the organizr jail)

Is there something I have missed? Or any ideas of how to fix it?

Thank you in advance.
Had the same problem, probably something with the "sed syntax" is off. I used this config/guide and it worked like a charm: https://github.com/causefx/Organizr/wiki/NAS-and-Docker-Installation the freenas section.

ezra

Contributor
Hey guys, i've just fresly installed all my Jails again using this guide.

But on everyone i installed (Lidarr, Sonarr, Radarr, Jackett, all mono's) i get :

Code:
root@freenas:~ # iocage exec lidarr service lidarr start
Starting lidarr.
Unmatched '"'.
Unmatched '"'.
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/lidarr: WARNING: failed to start lidarr

etc for the other Jails, anyone any thought? Sabnzbd, Organizr and Tautulli work just fine.

edit: Fixed...

seems i copied the rc.d files wrong:

command_args="-f ${procname} /usr/local/share/Radarr/Radarr.exe --data=${radarr_data_dir} --nobrowser"

Must be:

command_args="-f ${procname} /usr/local/share/Radarr/Radarr.exe --data=${radarr_data_dir} --nobrowser"

Last edited:

ere109

Contributor
UPDATE: the command below hung for half an hour, and then it completed... So hopefully I'm good to go.

I'm having an ownership issue with Plex install. I previously had everything running, but had to detach and re-attach the pool where my /config sits, and now I'm stuck at
Code:
sudo iocage exec plex chown -R plex:plex /config

The interface just hangs when I execute that command. After some searching, I tried to change the owner of the folder that my Plex config sit in, but that hangs, too.
Code:
sudo chown -R plex:plex /mnt/MAINSPIN/config/plex/

A good place to look?

Last edited:

charlesd

Cadet
Thanks for keeping this current!

I was getting an error when starting ipfw. I discovered that the transmission rc.conf firewall_type entry should in fact be a firewall_script entry.

iocage exec transmission sysrc "firewall_type=/config/ipfw_rules"
changed to
iocage exec transmission sysrc "firewall_script=/config/ipfw_rules"