/dev/mps0 driver/firmware mismatch dangerous?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Borja

Contributor
I recently installed my new freenas system two days ago, version 9.3 and mobo X10SL7.
Alert dialog shows this message: Warning firmware version 15 does not match driver version 20 for /dev/mps0
I read other threads related to this problem and i came to the conclusion i have to flash firmware version p20 to my LSI SAS controller.
But, the problem is i dont have access to nas anytime because the location. So, the question is if freenas can work some weeks with this configuration or i have to update firmware urgently.

Thanks.

jgreco

Resident Grinch
No, you don't, though it's probably "safer"/"more paranoid" to do so. I do suggest that you power cycle the system after flashing.

Borja

Contributor
No, you don't, though it's probably "safer"/"more paranoid" to do so. I do suggest that you power cycle the system after flashing.

Can data become corrupted or system unstable if i wait one or two weeks before updating?Is there a guide somewhere to update firmware remotely?

Thanks.

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
Can data become corrupted or system unstable if i wait one or two weeks before updating?Is there a guide somewhere to update firmware remotely?

Thanks.
No. You can wait, you will just be hounded by the message, and it's advisable to do the update.

As for doing it remotely, what part of the IPMI is misunderstood? It is a remote console. Anything you can do while physically connected via keyboard/monitor, you can do from IPMI. You can even mount ISO files over the network and use them like you stuck a CD/DVD in a tray.

Status
Not open for further replies.