11.2 Beta 1 Source code / Specific Branch / Tag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spanner_

Cadet
Hello!

I'm trying to test a driver for 11.2 Beta 1 and, naturally, need to compile it against the identical kernel.

I've tried cloning the 11.2-stable branch from github which was the nearest thing I could find to 11.2 Beta 1 (as far as I could tell).

Can anyone say if this is the right branch / commit? There is a tag for 11.1 Beta 1 but no tag for 11.2 Beta 1... maybe I've missed something?

Any direction would be greatly appreciated as kldload is complaining of version mismatch.

There are, obviously, some alternative options like actually installing the current 11.2-stable or reverting back to a previous build but I'd prefer to just check out the correct source code and compile against it if possible.

And of course if I have the right source then I have some other issue to investigate. Either way, it would be good to know where the source code is for 11.2 beta 1 :smile:

Thanks in advance!

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Why are you doing that against FreeNAS? Upstream FreeBSD would be a better option.

Spanner_

Cadet
Why are you doing that against FreeNAS? Upstream FreeBSD would be a better option.
I've not even looked for the freebsd that freenas is built upon yet, but what makes using the freebsd source rather than the freebsd source that comes with the freenas source 'better'? Seems like it should be... the same?

Happy to try it either way - given your suggestion, I presume 11.2 beta 1 is built on the freebsd 11.2 release (or is it a beta 1 release too?) I will have a look sometime over the weekend.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
FreeNAS has a lot of cherry-picking of stuff that hasn't made it into a FreeBSD release yet. There is also much more documentation for FreeBSD.

Status
Not open for further replies.