Initial finding after Installing FreeNAS 11.3 Beta 1

msbxa

Contributor
Upgraded from FreeNAS 11.2_U6 to 11.3 Beta 1 (On my Test FreeNAS) through FreeNAS Shell by typing:

freenas-update -T FreeNAS-11.3-BETA update

- Smooth Installation and migration
- Received Warning: IPMI SEL low space left: 0 bytes (100% used). Not sure what to look.
- A stable beta and snappy.
- I like the new Dashboard lots of info without leaving it. Lots of info across the board.
- Plugins jails and creating jails use release: 11.3-RELEASE-p4 as default.
- Your existing jails still use release: 11.2-RELEASE-p14 until updated then it gets release 11.2-RELEASE-p15
- Plugins jails get allocated automatically with IP: 172.16.0.x/30 randomly selected.
- When creating jails you have a choice of jails type: clone jail or Basejail:

Default (Clone Jail) or Basejail. Clone jails are clones of the specified RELEASE. They are linked to that RELEASE, even if they are upgraded. Basejails mount the specified RELEASE directories as nullfs mounts over the jail directories. Basejails are not linked to the original RELEASE when upgraded. But all plugins jails on this release are Basejail.

Edit: I just noticed that FreeNAS-11.3-BETA 1 has updated plugins into 2 types that you can select. One is iXsystems plugins and second Community plugins.

Last edited:

Oriann

Explorer
There is no way to update from 11.2-RELEASE-p14 or p15 to 11.3-RELEASE-p4 unless you create the jail from scratch.
There is...
iocage upgrade -r 11.3-RELEASE jailname
Everything is working now, services are up BUT I cannot iocage console into jail anymore, it requires password but no password is working, tried to change login but with no success...any ideas what might me causing troubles with logging into jail ?

EDIT: Small update on this, jexec 9 tcsh working but ssh commander shows unknown@jailname:/ #

1ccs-todd

Dabbler
I had same results attempting to upgrade my jails to 11.3. All the configuration files got blanked out. I restored back to snapshot to recover.
I am waiting for 11.3 release before I attempt again.