SOLVED Write/network speed low?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mirfster

Doesn't know what he's talking about
Ok, i was just wondering about the double gigabit solution, beause i can't seem to find 10gb ones under 200 per card. Which is a bit high for the number of times that i'll be using this. At +- 30 for two extra gb ones + cable i'd be ok with it.
Not thinking it will work as you envision. EBay has 10Gb ones for decent prices, just need to do some searching.

joeschmuck

Old Man
Yea, those 10Gb cards are not cheap, if they were then I'd have a pair of them too.

joeschmuck

Old Man
That is a nice find. Now if you can find a super low cost switch to go with that :). Naw, I don't need that stuff myself but someone will buy those cards, very good price.

Mirfster

Doesn't know what he's talking about
Been eyeballing the Quanta LB6M switches. They run around $330.00. But support is like nil and no Firmware updates. Some swear they work great, but is a little sketchy for me since I am not that familiar with them.

Jgreco said he has seen others in the datacenter running them, but he doesn't. I am still torn on if I should buy one or wait for a nice Dell 8024F to pop-up.

nachte

Dabbler
What kind of switch are you using? Make and Model?

Thanks,
No switch, direct cable from one port to another, but i figured out that the intel card, due to being PCI could not transfer data fast enough

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.