Won't Hold IP Address - 0.0.0.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gan'

Cadet
May somebody help me here ...
I have two hard drives, one with FreeNAS installed on it and the other one for storage only where I have my volumes and data. I powered off the machine for a couple days and when I turned the system back on, the IP adress to access the GUI had changed to 0.0.0.0

So I did some research and found out about this forum.
I tried to assigned an IP 192.168.2.xx to my Network Card but no success, I tried to reboot couple times, nothing changed.

My question is If I reload the FreeNAS on the drive and able to access the GUI back again, will I see my volumes on the other storage drive I have ?

Or If someone know how to fix that issue ?

That would HELP !

Last edited by a moderator:

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
I tried to assigned an IP 192.168.2.xx to my Network Card but no success, I tried to reboot couple times, nothing changed.
Is that IP address in the DHCP range of your router? You may be experiencing an IP conflict if it is.
My question is If I reload the FreeNas on the drive and able to access the GUI back again, will I see my volumes on the other storage drive I have ?
Yes your data will still be intact.

Also please post your full hardware specs as per the forum rules.

Gan'

Cadet
Yes the IP address is in the DHCP range of my router. I managed to configure the Netword Card with an IP address but I realised that address was already taken by a phone on the network. IP conflict it is BUT ...

I reconfigured the Network Card and rebooted and I am still not able to access the GUI via a browser !

Last edited:

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Set your FreeNAS IP in your router either via a DHCP reservation or a static IP outside your DHCP range. Use the method that's supported by your router. You can assign an IP in the FreeNAS GUI once you've created a static mapping for it in your router.

Gan'

Cadet
Set your FreeNAS IP in your router either via a DHCP reservation or a static IP outside your DHCP range. Use the method that's supported by your router. You can assign an IP in the FreeNAS GUI once you've created a static mapping for it in your router.
All this time I did'nt use the proper ethernet cable, I plugged it back in the switch and GUI was back !
Waow I feel bad lol
Thank you for all your awnsers tho
Peace and Love

Last edited:

marcevan

Patron

But how do we set a static IP from router without MAC address of ethernet on FreeNAS? I'm stuck in the same boat with menu 1-14 but no where do I see the MAC.

gpsguy

Open the shell and run ifconfig

But how do we set a static IP from router without MAC address of ethernet on FreeNAS? I'm stuck in the same boat with menu 1-14 but no where do I see the MAC.

pschatz100

Guru
It is not necessary to know the mac address of your network card in order to set a static IP for FreeNAS. However, you must choose an IP address that is outside the allowed DHCP range in your router.
1) Go into your router and check the range allowed for DHCP. If necessary, change the range. For instance, if you want to use 192.168.2.xxx for your home network IP's, you could set the range for DHCP to something like 192.168.2.50 to 192.168.2.250. Do not go above 192.168.2.250 as those IP's might be reserved for other uses. It doesn't really matter what the allowed range is, just so you know where it starts and where it ends so that you can pick a value outside the range.
2) If you change the range of assigned DHCP addresses, then reset the router. That will reset IP addresses that are already assigned to existing devices. You don't have to do this if you do not change the range of allowed DHCP IP's
3) Set a static IP address in FreeNAS. You can do this from the menu. Just make certain the address is outside the range allowed by the router's DHCP. Do not use an IP address above xxx.xxx.xxx.250. Reboot FreeNAS.

FreeNAS should now be visible on your network. Enter the IP address into your browser and it should bring up the GUI and ask you to log in. Don't forget that when you manually specify the IP address, you will also have to specify the Default Gateway and Nameserver(s). You can do this from the Network tab in the GUI after you log in.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.