Windows Share with different user and guest access

Michaelxpo

Dabbler
Hello, I've created a dataset with my user as the owner and allowed guest access. I checked everywhere on google and did not find any solution for this case.
i tried mapping the network drive with my user's credentials, so i could write files from my computer, but no matter what i tried it says you need permission from freenas\myusername.

also, i wanted to create a folder that is writeable to guest users and found no way to do that.

is there a good tool to manage the storage from windows and the permissions easily?

thanks and have a great week!

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality

Michaelxpo

Dabbler
Hey, thanks for the quick reply, but i can't connect via computer management to FreeNAS. it says it can't connect to freenas, it does not ask me for credentials of the FreeNAS.

i can't select FreeNAS from my locations in windows.

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
The members of the local group selected as the "Admin Group" under Services->SMB will be added as a foreign group to BUILTIN\Administrators. This automatically grants them SeDiskOperatorPrivilege (and all other priviliges).

Michaelxpo

Dabbler
The members of the local group selected as the "Admin Group" under Services->SMB will be added as a foreign group to BUILTIN\Administrators. This automatically grants them SeDiskOperatorPrivilege (and all other priviliges).
well, it didn't for me. the config is correct.