Unable to Anonymous Login - Write Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

amitkhas

Dabbler
Hi,

I am relatively new to FREENAS v9.x.x.x. I did a fresh install from FreeNAS v.8.0.2-RELEASE. Since I am not importing my config, I am manually doing it.

This is what I am trying to achieve: A single guest (anonymous) with full read/write access to all folders in the single volume.

However, this is the problem: user is able to read all directories, but can only write at the surface directory (/mnt/share).

When I attempt to write, it prompts with error, "You require permission from FREENAS\guest to make changes"

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

This is the configuration:

FreeNAS v9.2.1.5

Users:
User: Guest
Home Directory: /mnt/share/guest (For some reason, this cannot be changed. If I change and save it, it auto reverts back to this).
Disable Password Login: Checked
Home Directory Mode: All checked but WRITE for GROUP and OTHER. For some reason, this cannot be changed. If I add WRITE for everyone and save it, it auto reverts back.

Volumes:
/mnt/share Permissions
Owner User: guest
Owner Group: guest
Mode: all 9 boxes checked
ACL Type: Unix
permission recursively: unchecked

CIFS Share:
Path: /mnt/share
Export Read Only: unchecked
Browsable to Network Clients: checked
Inherit Owner: unchecked
Inherit Permissions: unchecked
Inherit ACL's: checked
Allow Guest Access: checked
Only allow guest access: checked

CIFS Service
Guest account: guest
Allow Empty Password: checked
Home Directories: blank (I don't need a guest folder under /mnt/share)

amitkhas

Dabbler
Now this is interesting:

I unchecked "Only allow guest access." This gives me the ability to create folders and move files within the system. However, I still cannot copy files over from Windows.

amitkhas

Dabbler
Doing a reboot solved it. Perhaps some of the settings do not take effect until after a reboot?

Status
Not open for further replies.