When you try to map network drive the network path is notr found

eboehmer

Dabbler
When trying to map server in file explorer with \\ENAS\Volume1 it gives me the error code 0x80070035 with the message network path not found. What am I doing wrong?

Does it work if you use the IP address of ENAS? If it does, you have a name resolution issue.

More information required. See the Forum Rules for guidelines on posting your hardware information and how to ask a question that will get a response.

eboehmer

Dabbler
More information required. See the Forum Rules for guidelines on posting your hardware information and how to ask a question that will get a response.
Server: HP DL360 G6
CPU: 2x Xeon E5540
RAM: 16GB DDR3 ECC
HDD: 1x HP 500GB SAS
No raid controller
Network card: Built in on server
Latest stable version of freenas

What version of FreeNAS? What about the client? Was the mapping ever working, or is this a new issue?

Windows 10 Home/Pro? Build number?

Sounds like the share Volume1 hasn't been set up correctly. Can you explain what you did to set this up? Btw, mixed case in share names can cause problems. I suggest you use lowercase letters in future to avoid inviting trouble.

eboehmer

Dabbler
Sounds like the share Volume1 hasn't been set up correctly. Can you explain what you did to set this up? Btw, mixed case in share names can cause problems.
1) Used wizard to set up first
2) Went into network global configuration and changed ipv4 default gateway and the name server. In network interfaces I changed ipv4 for the server to something outside of DHCP, also changed netmask to /24
3) When it didn't work I went into storage and detached the volume marking the disk as new and then used volume manager to set up 'Volume1'

eboehmer

Dabbler
Now, we're getting somewhere. What you've done is created a pool named Volume1. You still need to create a dataset under that volume and then set up an SMB share mapped to that dataset. Suggest you review this section of the manual https://www.ixsystems.com/documentation/freenas/11.2/sharing.html#windows-smb-shares. At an entry level, to get up to speed quickly, begin at https://www.ixsystems.com/documentation/freenas/11.2/sharing.html#configuring-unauthenticated-access.
I'm going to do that now and report back when done. Hopefully this solves all my problems. Thank you:)

eboehmer

Dabbler
Now, we're getting somewhere. What you've done is created a pool named Volume1. You still need to create a dataset under that volume and then set up an SMB share mapped to that dataset. Suggest you review this section of the manual https://www.ixsystems.com/documentation/freenas/11.2/sharing.html#windows-smb-shares. At an entry level, to get up to speed quickly, begin at https://www.ixsystems.com/documentation/freenas/11.2/sharing.html#configuring-unauthenticated-access.
It's done, how do I go about mapping it now?

When setting up the user in FreeNAS, as you're working with Windows 10, remember to check the box Microsoft Account and include the email associated with the Microsoft Account in the Email field. Make sure the Password for the user matches that of the Microsoft Account (I'm assuming you're in a non-AD environment).

eboehmer

Dabbler
When setting up the user in FreeNAS, as you're working with Windows 10, remember to check the box Microsoft Account and include the email associated with the Microsoft Account in the Email field. Make sure the Password for the user matches that of the Microsoft Account (I'm assuming you're in a non-AD environment).
Thank you for the help, I'm nearly done

eboehmer

Dabbler
Well it still doesn't show up in windows explorer. I'm going to do a clean install and try this all again with the instruction manual. Is there a way to completely format the HDD before that so my previous pool doesn't show up?
I'm really sorry for all the trouble