Updated to FreeNAS-11.2-BETA2 and now I'm not seeing plugins or jails

Status
Not open for further replies.

danb35

Hall of Famer
When you check updates it's clearly labeled as "11.2-STABLE"
Yes, and the version is equally clearly labeled as "11.2-BETA2". Heaven only knows why iX is promoting the beta as though it were stable, but it's still pretty clearly marked as beta.

garm

Wizard
Dude... When you check updates it's clearly labeled as "11.2-STABLE".... And don't lecture me on betas, I'm a beta tester on a LOT of products. This current "Beta" isn't good enough to be an Alpha if you can't even mount a drive in a jail. That's one of the main functions! What good is Plex server if you can't mount up your media files???
I don’t understand your point. Were you tricked to run a Beta or do you know you’re running a Beta? iX messed up their new naming convention, that is no excuse to deploy a Beta in production.. you need to know what you do and not randomly press buttons.. stick to the stable release, U5 works just fine as long as you don’t deploy plugins and manage jails with cli.

Last edited:

RunnerFL

Dabbler
Not sure how you’re confused, I posted in plain. English. The “Check Updates” section of the GUI clearly says “11.2-STABLE”, no mention of Beta at all until it’s too late. Again, don’t lecture me.

RunnerFL

Dabbler
Yes, and the version is equally clearly labeled as "11.2-BETA2". Heaven only knows why iX is promoting the beta as though it were stable, but it's still pretty clearly marked as beta.

Nothing clear about it being a “Beta” (more of an Alpha) until it’s too late.

garm

Wizard
Not sure how you’re confused, I posted in plain. English. The “Check Updates” section of the GUI clearly says “11.2-STABLE”, no mention of Beta at all until it’s too late. Again, don’t lecture me.
So you were tricked.. your experience as Beta tester isn’t really valid then? Just roll back to your earlier boot environment so your issue go away and we won’t have to lecture you

RunnerFL

Dabbler
So you were tricked.. your experience as Beta tester isn’t really valid then? Just roll back to your earlier boot environment so your issue go away and we won’t have to lecture you

lol, yeah ok. You must not have read earlier in the thread where I was told the “fix” was to remove my 11.1 plugins and jails and install the 11.2 jails. Going back does me no good. Now run along and lecture someone else.

danb35

Hall of Famer
Nothing clear about it being a “Beta” (more of an Alpha) until it’s too late.
Nonsense. The legacy (i.e., default for 11.1) GUI lists the available updates. There are five of them, and each of them lists the version--and they all say BETA. It looks like this:
Image-1.jpg

Notice the BETA2 on each line? Edit: And also notice the "cancel" button? It's in no way "too late" at this point.

garm

Wizard
lol, yeah ok. You must not have read earlier in the thread where I was told the “fix” was to remove my 11.1 plugins and jails and install the 11.2 jails. Going back does me no good. Now run along and lecture someone else.
My 11.2 iocage jails work just fine in FreeNAS 11.1-U5. But sure, good luck.

gurdalal

Cadet
Same thing with my update. I updated from 11.0 to 11.2 and with new UI I can't see the Jails and Plugins. If I go back to legacy web UI, I do see them all BUT can't add new. In Jails page, it says "no longer be created through legacy, pls use new UI". I assume same thing applies to plugins too. So untill they fix this bug, I'm going to use old UI for regular monitoring and will use new UI for new Jails/Plugins.

D

dlavigne

Same thing with my update. I updated from 11.0 to 11.2 and with new UI I can't see the Jails and Plugins. If I go back to legacy web UI, I do see them all BUT can't add new. In Jails page, it says "no longer be created through legacy, pls use new UI". I assume same thing applies to plugins too. So untill they fix this bug, I'm going to use old UI for regular monitoring and will use new UI for new Jails/Plugins.

This isn't a bug, but a necessary evil as the API is different (APIv2 -> APIv2), the UI is different (Django -> Angular), and the framework is different (warden -> iocage). As you've seen, legacy plugins/jails can continue to be managed using the legacy UI until the user has a chance to migrate or reinstall them, verify that they work as expected, then delete the legacy versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.