Updated to FreeNAS-11.2-BETA2 and now I'm not seeing plugins or jails

Status
Not open for further replies.

RunnerFL

Dabbler
After updating to FreeNAS-11.2-BETA2 I'm not seeing any plugins listed, installed or available. I know the plugins are still installed because they are working. I also don't see any of my jails listed.

Anyone else having this issue?

Any suggestions?

D

dlavigne

When and how were the plugins installed (as in on which version, using the UI, using the CLI, etc.)?

RunnerFL

Dabbler
They were installed via the UI on 11.1. I don't think it has anything to do with how I installed the plugins, it's not even showing me plugins I could install aka "available".

D

dlavigne

This is to be expected as the 11.1 series uses the old middleware and the warden backend. The 11.2 series uses the new middleware and the iocage backend. The Release Notes recommend recreating jails/plugins using the new UI and deleting the old ones once you have a chance to grab your configs and verify everything is working as expected. In the mean time, you can use the legacy UI to see/manage the old jails/plugins, but not to create new ones.

RunnerFL

Dabbler
Only problem there is that I can't recreate the plugins because, again, I don't see any available.

D

dlavigne

Can you ping an Internet address (eg ping google.com) from the FreeNAS sytem? If so, is there anything in /var/log/messages when you go to the Plugins page?

RunnerFL

Dabbler
This isn't a connectivity issue. This is a well established server and everything is working with the exception of displaying available plugins.

D

dlavigne

Please create a report at bugs.freenas.org and post the issue number here.

RunnerFL

Dabbler
Nothing comes up in /var/log/messages if I tail it while clicking on "available" in the plugins section of the new UI.

RunnerFL

Dabbler
After 2 reboots I did actually see plugins listed in available. I installed gitlab and it showed up in "installed". Now, a mere few minutes later, nothing in "available" or "installed" again. Super frustrating!

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
What browser are you using?

RunnerFL

Dabbler
Tried both Chrome and Safari... Getting so frustrated now, especially after having to remove my plugins that were working perfect with 11.1, that I'm thinking about just going back to 11.1 to see if this cluster.. can get fixed. No way was this ready for Beta, it's not even a good Alpha.

Sometimes the plugins are there, both available and installed, and sometimes they aren't. No rhyme or reason as to why...

I finally get Plex installed only to find out the "Management" link includes the CIDR notation in the link. REALLY??? http://10.100.100.107/16:32400/web is not going to work.... Sheesh...

RunnerFL

Dabbler
And apparently a jail won't start with an added mount point... I try to mount my media directory in my plex jail and it won't start... I delete the mount point and it starts just fine.

sretalla