Unable to start plugin service after succesful setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

LKCHR

Cadet
I have trouble getting the plugin service to work: when I go to plugin settings, setup up the various parameters and upload the PBI-file, my system tells me that the plugin jail has been installed successfully. However, when I try to turn on plugins in services, it says “The service could not be started”

This is my configuration:
  • Plugins jail path: /mnt/disk1/jail
  • Jail name: PluginsJail
  • Jail IP address: 192.168.1.99
  • Jail IP Netmask: /24 (255.255.255.0)
  • Plugins archive path: /mnt/disk1/software
The two volumes (jail and software) has permission set to root / wheel
I’m running FreeNAS 8.3.0 RELEASE X64, and the pbi-file I’m using is for this version.
My hardware is an Intel Core2 based system with 2 Gb Ram, running FreeNAS from a USB-stick and with one 2 Tb disk for data.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please note that I’m a total newbie when it comes to FreeNAS :) . I have of course read the documentation, searched this forum and also tried following the instructions in this video: http://youtu.be/g4zIZX8pOas

Lars

Vanyo

Dabbler
Hi Lars,

can you ping your jail from your system?
Have you made it all over again? Delete the plugins, the jail and re-install it?

LKCHR

Cadet
Hello

No ping. Usually my router would automagically register a new client / IP address, but that doesn't seem to be the case here :-(
Have tried several re-installs

Lars

LKCHR

Cadet
Problem solved so far :D
Did a reboot of FreeNAS. Now I can turn on the plugin service (and ping the plugin jail)
Next step: getting an actual plugin to work :p

LKCHR

Cadet
This is weird! While trying to get the miniDLNA plugin to work, I did another reboot of the server. That resulted in the plugin service being disabled. And now it can't be turned back on again. I'm getting just a little bit tired of this :confused:

LKCHR

Cadet
After a couple of installs and re-installs, I succeded in first getting the plugin jail working, and after that the miniDLNA plugin. I did nothing different from before, besides from at couple of reboots. The first one made the web GUI unacessible though, so I had to plug the power. But after that, things worked out. I guess it has something to do with the way freeNAS obtains / don't obtain the IP's -but I have no clues to the specific details.
So far I just hope it still works, if / when I have to reboot the server again :confused:

William Grzybowski

Wizard
iXsystems
Well, if it happens again and you're willing to provide SSH I could take a look of why this is happening and commit a fix

Status
Not open for further replies.