Cannot start the Plugins Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

marklnz

Cadet
Righto, I've followed this guide to get the MiniDLNA plugin installed - which seems to have gone fine.

However when I try to start the plugins service I simply get "The service could not be started"
On the console I get three new lines of text:
"bridge0: Ethernet address: 16:46:ce:64:30:1b
epair0a: Ethernet Address: 02:80:c4:00:04:0a
epair0b: Ethernet Address: 02:80:c4:00:05:0b"
Each time I try to start the plugin service bridge & epair#a/b increments by one (bridge1, epair1a, ab, etc)

None of these MAC addresses matches the physical MAC address - though I see these appear when I do an ifconfig (virtual adapters I'm guessing?)

Are there logs I can check to see why the plugin service failed to start?

I am running FreeNAS-8.2.0-RELEASE-p1-x86 (r11950), booting FreeNAS off a USB key, but storing both the jail and archive path's on the internal SATA HDD. (/mnt/muckabout/jail and /mnt/muckabout/software)
I have searched the forums, came up with a couple of threads, but neither seemed to be related to what I'm experiencing (and neither had any mention of logs to check to see what's wrong)

Thanks for any help you can provide!

marklnz

Cadet
Hi,

I've upgraded to 8.3RC1 (I've changed to x64 as the hardware is capable) but still the same problem persists.
I get "PBI Successfully created" pop up at the top of the window when I create the Jail, but when I switch to the services window and try to start the plugin service I get the same error message, as well as the same console text.

I imported my old configuration from 8.2, so I'll try beginning from fresh with a factory default reset.

marklnz

Cadet
Hi William, I followed (almost to the letter) the instructions provided in the Plugins Documentation.
The only things different were the volume name, and the jail name (I called mine Jail (8.2.0) and Jail1 (8.3)

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.