Unable to Install Plugins on Version 9.2.1.3-RELEASE-x64

Status
Not open for further replies.

wutang200

Dabbler
Guys,

First of all I just want to say hello and mention how amazing the FreeNAS project is. Got recommended it by a work colleague who also uses it and I'm glad I did.

Unfortunately, I've run into a problem in regards to installing plugins. Each time I try and create a plugin, I get an error come up as below:

[MiddlewareError: http://cdn.freenas.org/9.2.0/RELEASE/x64/jails/freenas-pluginjail-9.2-RELEASE.tgz: Not Found ERROR: Failed extracting: http://cdn.freenas.org/9.2.0/RELEASE/x64/jails/freenas-pluginjail-9.2-RELEASE.tgz cannot open 'Media/plugins/.warden-template-pluginjail': dataset does not exist ERROR: Failed to create ZFS base dataset ]

My spec:
MSI AMD A75 FM2 Motherboard
AMD A4 5300 CPU
Corsair 8GB DDR3 RAM
16GB Kingston Data Traveller USB 2.0 stick
Corsair 430W PSU
1 x 160GB Seagate 7200rpm HDD

Steps performed so far leading up to the issue:

-Installed FreeNAS 9.2.1.3 from the USB stick & changed password for the root user
-Gave server an IP address of 192.168.2.127 and set up a DHCP exception on my router to always assign the same address to the NAS server
-Created a new ZFS volume called Media
-Created a new Dataset against that volume called SD_Movies
-Set UNIX permissions on that dataset then created a CIFS share with the same name pointing to SD_Movies
-Switched CIFS service on
-Created a new dataset called jails and gave it full UNIX permissions
-Set Jails Configuration to point to /mnt/Media/jails
-Clicked on Plugins and tried to install the MiniDLNA plugin and got the error mentioned above
-Tried installing the Plex plugin but same error again
-Tried rebooting and install again but same error
-Tried deleting dataset and re-created it using new name called plugins
-Set Jails Configuration to point to /mnt/Media/plugins
-Tried installing the same plugins again but same error

After plenty of searching, I'm now unsure what to do hence my post on here. I've attached the log file to my post if it helps (log file.pdf). Please help.

Attachments

• log file.pdf
    298.8 KB · Views: 282
D

dlavigne

Plugins are separate from Jails. If you want to use the Jails dataset for your jail, create a Plugins Jail and then install a FreeNAS PBI into that jail using the instructions in the Jails chapter of the FreeNAS User Guide. Since you are using a static reservation, this will probably acheive the results you want better than Plugins. Make sure to reserve the IP address you set in the Jails Configuration in the DHCP server.

Note that Plugins try to get the first available DHCP lease for the jail and create its own dataset. This is meant as a convenience for users. Jails provide more customizability, allowing you to statically assign an IP and decide which dataset to use for the jail.

wutang200

Dabbler
Thanks for your reply. I've tried creating a jail too but failed with an error I can't remember now.

I'll try it again tonight and let you know what happens.

The DHCP reservation I've got is just for the FreeNAS server which is reserved by my network controller's MAC address. I'll reserve another IP address (without a MAC address) for a plugin and statically assign it to the Jail.

Will update this thread once I've give it a try.

wutang200

Dabbler
Same problem when trying to add a new plugin jail with it's own dedicated IP address and default gateway. I made sure, VIMAGE, Autostart & vanilla were ticked as per the FreeNAS Jails documentation.

Error below. Any other suggestions?

http://cdn.freenas.org/9.2.0/RELEASE/x64/jails/freenas-pluginjail-9.2-RELEASE.tgz: Not Found ERROR: Failed extracting: http://cdn.freenas.org/9.2.0/RELEASE/x64/jails/freenas-pluginjail-9.2-RELEASE.tgz cannot open 'Media/plugins/.warden-template-pluginjail': dataset does not exist ERROR: Failed to create ZFS base dataset

wutang200

Dabbler
Second log file attached. Also I got the error in my previous post via the GUI straight after I tried to create the jail, the log has a different type of error regarding IP addresses. IP address I'm trying to assign the jail is 192.168.2.128.

Attachments

• log file 2.pdf
    152.1 KB · Views: 295

wutang200

Dabbler
Just completely deleted my ZFS volume and re-created it with a single new Dataset dedicated for Plugins or Jails. Same error as original post.

wutang200

Dabbler
Just to update this thread in the hope it helps others in my same position, I've managed to get past this error using the steps below:

1.Formatted my USB stick using a program called Active Kill Disk on it's first setting (zeroes).

2.Once formatted, I plugged the USB stick into a USB 2 port that allowed my PC to boot up normally (some USB 2 ports didn't work and the boot process kept failing)

3. Browsed to the GUI via my web browser and changed the default 'root' account password

4. Created a new volume and gave it full permissions

5. Created a new dataset with a quota of 10GB and called it 'plugins'

6. Clicked on the Jails section and changed the Jails path to the 'plugins' folder using the Configuration tab

7. Clicked the Plugins section and selected a Plugin of choice and hit 'Install'

Thanks for your help ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.