Plugin problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadManChris1

Dabbler
So I've recently built my freenas system this is my first nas and i am what you would call a beginner/noob.

Heres my build log that im doing on LTT Fourms. http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/155106-a-nasty-build/
I've been reading the documentation but cant find anything that useful on this problem.

when I go to install plugins it gets to the end of the first part then fails here's the footer bios shell thing.
RELEASE.tgz: Not Found ERROR: Failed extracting: http://cdn.freenas.org/9.2.0/RELEASE/x64/jails/freenas-pluginjail-9.2-RELEASE.tgz cannot open 'Zpool/Jails/.warden-template-pluginjail': dataset does not exist ERROR: Failed to create ZFS base dataset ]
May 25 09:32:58 freenas manage.py: [common.pipesubr:58] Popen()ing: /sbin/ping -q -t 2 -o 192.168.0.1
May 25 09:32:59 freenas manage.py: [common.pipesubr:58] Popen()ing: /sbin/ping -q -t 2 -o 192.168.0.2
May 25 09:33:06 freenas manage.py: [common.pipesubr:58] Popen()ing: /sbin/ping -q -t 2 -o 192.168.0.1
May 25 09:33:07 freenas manage.py: [common.pipesubr:58] Popen()ing: /sbin/ping -q -t 2 -o 192.168.0.2
May 25 09:33:55 freenas manage.py: [common.pipesubr:58] Popen()ing: /sbin/ping -q -t 2 -o 192.168.0.1
May 25 09:33:56 freenas manage.py: [common.pipesubr:58] Popen()ing: /sbin/ping -q -t 2 -o 192.168.0.2
May 25 09:34:01 freenas manage.py: [middleware.exceptions:38] [MiddlewareError: http://cdn.freenas.org/9.2.0/RELEASE/x64/jails/freenas-pluginjail-9.2-RELEASE.tgz: Not Found ERROR: Failed extracting: http://cdn.freenas.org/9.2.0/RELEASE/x64/jails/freenas-pluginjail-9.2-RELEASE.tgz cannot open 'Zpool/Jails/.warden-template-pluginjail': dataset does not exist ERROR: Failed to create ZFS base dataset ]

Hope this is enough info.

Thanks for any help in advance.

MadManChris1

Dabbler
This: /mnt/Zpool/Jails
i have 1 x 3TB HDD,
i created two datasets jails and media.

is there some permissions i forgotten about?

MadManChris1

Dabbler
Yeah it worked!
Thanks a lot much appreciated

just a quick one, the only way i could get my nas to show up in windows was on the cifs setting to set the guest account to operator. Is that ok or what should it be?

criDikal

Cadet
Yeah it worked!
Thanks a lot much appreciated

just a quick one, the only way i could get my nas to show up in windows was on the cifs setting to set the guest account to operator. Is that ok or what should it be?

Bare with me, I'm new to FN...are your CIFs shares in FN set to be "Browsable to Network Clients"?

Guest account should be set to 'nobody'

MadManChris1

Dabbler
Bare with me, I'm new to FN...are your CIFs shares in FN set to be "Browsable to Network Clients"?

Guest account should be set to 'nobody'

Yes they are.
in the cifs config the guest access was set to nobody and it didn't let me access it until l changed it to operator.

MadManChris1

Dabbler
hmm ok so i set it back to nobody and it works, i know it definitely didn't work until i changed it.
so it is meant to be set to nobody?

thanks very much for helping a noob

criDikal

Cadet
hmm ok so i set it back to nobody and it works, i know it definitely didn't work until i changed it.
so it is meant to be set to nobody?

thanks very much for helping a noob

I'm not certain it's 'supposed' to be set that way but all of the setup guides I've read have suggested that.

No problem, I'm a noob as well so I'm playing with everything in a VM before I configure my physical box.

MadManChris1

Dabbler
I'm not certain it's 'supposed' to be set that way but all of the setup guides I've read have suggested that.

No problem, I'm a noob as well so I'm playing with everything in a VM before I configure my physical box.

i used a old phenom for my pretests aha. had most things set up well, then i changed to my actual build and forgot most of it haha!
Thanks a lot mate. have fun with your vm tests

Status
Not open for further replies.