adding jail fails (404 error)

Status
Not open for further replies.

airflow

Contributor
hi there,

when trying to add a jail manually by "add jail", and selecting "standard" as the template, i get an errormessage on a fresh intall of FreeNAS (vanilla 9.2.1.5):

The given URL results in a 404 when I tried in a normal browser.

Do the URLs in the templates have to be corrected somehow?

Thanks for any hints,
airflow

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Those links work for me. I just tried them. Do you have a firewall blocking them or otherwise can't get there?

airflow

Contributor
ok thanks. it was strange, after your message i tried the link again - same behaviour. even switched between WLAN and UTMS to try from completely different networks, but same. after some reloads, the link startet to work suddenly from my PC. Then on the FreeNAS-system it also took me several tries until the same link gave the file. No firewall in place. perhaps load-balancing-issues on server-side? :)

nevermind, another question regarding the different templates: is there a description somewhere about those? for example, what's the difference between "standard" and "portjail"? the official documentation doesn't say anything about it.

thanks,
airflow

nunavat2012

Dabbler
I got an error at my first attempt of creating a jail; at that time I did not have any plugins or jails. Then I installed a plugin from the list. After that, I was able to create jails. I don't remember the error that I got.

Status
Not open for further replies.