Unable to create a Jail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoulReaper

Cadet
Hello all,

I am a long time forum lurker, and haven't created an account up until now as i was able to resolve any issues ive had by searching. This problem however i can't seem to find a resolution for.

I am receiving the following message when attempting to create any kind of jail.

http://cdn.freenas.org/9.2.0/RELEASE/x64/jails/freenas-pluginjail-9.2-RELEASE.tgz: No address record ERROR: Failed extracting: http://cdn.freenas.org/9.2.0/RELEASE/x64/jails/freenas-pluginjail-9.2-RELEASE.tgz cannot open 'Drive2/.warden-template-pluginjail': dataset does not exist ERROR: Failed to create ZFS base dataset

Here is a bit of history on how this error came about. I had 9.2.0 64 bit running perfectly for a few months when my USB flash drive failed. I completely forgot to make a backup of my config, and had to start fresh. I installed 9.2.1.3 64 bit on a new 16GB flash drive, installation went smoothly. I proceeded to configure my network settings to how they were, then i auto imported my ZFS volumes and i was once again able to access my data.

I did have a pluginjail running before all this happened, but i didn't care about the data on it so i detached the volume and wiped the drive (i have a 2TB drive dedicated for jails). I then configured the jail configuration and tried to create a jail but received the error.

I tried updating to the nightly FreeNAS-9.2.1.4-BETA, but still get the error. Is there anything else i can try?

Thanks,

FreeNAS hardware specs:

FreeNAS-9.2.1.4-BETA-3d250fe-x64
SUPERMICRO MBD-X9SCM-F-O
Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1230 V2 @ 3.30GHz
Memory: 16335MB

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Yeah.. your server doesn't have a good network config. In particular "No address record ERROR" means it couldn't resolve an IP address. Check your network configuration and see if you can do "ping www.google.com" on the server and get a response.

SoulReaper

Cadet
Doh! I see what i did wrong, that's what i get for zipping through things. :oops:

Thank you cyberjock.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED: Reaped the SoulReaper!

Just had to!

Status
Not open for further replies.