Stumped by Transmission "Permission denied" Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandon

Cadet
First off, please excuse my post if somehow I have missed a previous post answering this question.

I have watch the set up videos several times, scoured the forms here and elsewhere.

With that said, I am pulling my hair out trying to fix my Transmission plugin error.

The error in question is the "Unable to save resume file: Permission denied".

I have double check permissions, and everything seems appropriate...

freenas_-_FreeNAS-8.3.1-RELEASE-p2-x86__r12686_b770da6_-2.png

Transmission starts to download, and then fires off an error about every 200MB.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance for your help!

braddock

Cadet
i had the same issue and also had a 'unix expert' from work try and fix mine, he only made it worse!!
http://forums.freenas.org/threads/transmission-permission-denied.13398/
within the jail, i put ownership for all the transmission dirs (watch/downloads/config/log) for the 1001 transmission user (ensure you use -R to recurse), then as the video states, do the chmod 775 (again with -R) to all the dirs. worked for me. the resume files are saved in the config dir so you need to check perms on that folder aswell as your downloads.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
If a "unix expert" made it worse then he probably isn't a "unix expert". No offense, but compared to my mom I'm a "Windows expert" and there's plenty of stuff I could get wrong if you created some complex problem and told me to fix it. My mom's definition of "expert" is someone who knows how to install Windows. He may have more unix experience than you, but he probably isn't an expert.

I may have a lot of posts and be fairly good at troubleshooting FreeNAS issues, but I'd never ever try to defend the title of "FreeBSD expert". That's 2 totally different things.

Brandon

Cadet
braddock,

I finally found a few free minutes to tinker around with my FreeNAS install.

Thanks for the permissions tips.

It appears that changing the permissions on the "/usr/pbi/transmission-i386/etc/transmission/home" folder did the trick for me!

I pretty sure I would not have considered that without your help!

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.