Setup minidlna and other plugins?? How does jail work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deneys

Cadet
Hi all,

I have setup jail and installed plugins. i can see the media server on my smart tv, but now i am having problems getting the tv to see the files that is in the directory that i used when setting up minidlna.

i googled a bit and found that i have to "connect" the jail to freenas to get minidlna to see the files.

Now besides needing a EASY ;-) tutorial for that, could someone also explain how exactly the jail system works? it will to much appreciated.

Theunis

Cadet
The jail can be explained as another installation of freenas with a specific mounting point. When installing freenas as an embedded version, everytime you restart your server every changed made would be discarded. This does not include system settings. The jail plugin crates a new mounting point that does not clear each time you restart. The minidlna plugin confides on this mount point to ensure that the data is not cleared after a restart. Create a mount point under your plugins and point it to the, edia directory for minidlna. This afternoon I will post a easy tutorial on how to do the complete installation of minidlna! I to have strugled with this for a long time, and think it is time to create a easy tutorial. PM for more info!

Status
Not open for further replies.