Some troubles with MiniDLNA plugin

Status
Not open for further replies.

pentagrammer

Cadet
I'm using freenas till 8.x version. Several updates ago I get some problem with minidlna plugin
1. In web interface I can't get real status of minidlna plugin - allways OFF after restart freenas, but in settings of JAIL with minidlna stay Yes for autostart. And really minidlna has normal start after each reboot. I was check it via ssh.

But the real problem I get after updated the system to 9.2.1.9 version - minidlna was broken after update. But samba and ssh service seems is ok.
Hmmmm... at the first try I was download full iso with latest of version freenas and reinstall freenas as a new installation. But... it's hard to explain on english (not native for me) - I can't find minidlna in the lsit of available plugins... but, when I was open url with plugins - I find minidlna in list easy (versions 1.1.x and 1.0.x). I said again hmmmmm and download the plugin from site and try to install it via UPLOAD option in web interface.
I get the system with customplugin_1(with minidlna) in jails but all work fine till first reboot. After reboot I'm can't real status of plugin in web interface again. And can't to change setting minidlna plugin via web interface.
Damn. Several times I.m reinstall freenas again and again, only once I can find in plugin list minidlna and install it. After that I'm twice reboot system for checking normal control of minidlna via web interface. OK - I'm settig up the minidlna for my media library and - U're smart - I get the same situation - after reboot the freenas I can't control settings of minidlna again. The last mt expirement - I'm install in minidlna jail the last version of minidlna by hand and make some symlinks for restore working minidlna web interface with modified minidlna in jail. Allways seems ok till the reboot the freenas.

I'm a little disappointed... I havn't any problem with minidlna plugin on freenas till 9.1.x version but... now I havn't any idea how to restore nice working freenas 9.2.1.9 + minidlna (without lost any functionals in web interface. I do not want downgrade the version of freenas - may be ALL knowing other solutions ???

PS: really sorry for my english :(

joeschmuck

Old Man
As you figured out, MiniDLNA is broken. iXsystems is waiting for someone in the MiniDLNA software arena to fix up the software so they can create a plugin for it.

The alternate solution is to install and run Plex. Plex has a DLNA server built in, I don't believe it's enabled by default but you can enable it in the Plex configuration GUI.

You do not need Plex Pass to make this work, you can still do it for free.

solarisguy

Guru
Crowdfunding to get miniDLNA going? I guess crowdsourcing did not work in this case...

What would be the cost?

joeschmuck

Old Man
I'm certain that if I devoted some time to it that I could create a plugin for it, but we might end up just having to do a manual installation into a jail. Hey, that is how FreeNAS 8.0.1 started out.

pentagrammer

Cadet
I'm certain that if I devoted some time to it that I could create a plugin for it, but we might end up just having to do a manual installation into a jail. Hey, that is how FreeNAS 8.0.1 started out.
If it possible - can you give me some urls on hint like "how-to create the plugin for freenas". How you think - can we're fix minidlna problem in community together ?

pentagrammer

Cadet
I guess Plex some heavy for freenas. Many nice_looks wich absolutely not required for me. I'm not affraid looking as ascetic man :)

joeschmuck

Old Man
How to create the plugins are in the user manual. It's not an easy process the first time around but a real learning lesson.

joeschmuck

Old Man
Status
Not open for further replies.