MiniDLNA plugin on 9.2.0 RC2 - Not displaying all the directories?

Status
Not open for further replies.

victorhooi

Contributor
Hi,

I have FreeNAS 9.2.0 RC2 installed on a HP MicroServer Gen8.

I've installed the MiniDLNA plugin (version 1.1.0_1).

I then used Jails storage to mount my media directory (/mnt/datastore/videos) under /mnt inside the MiniDLNA jail.

There should be three directories under this:
  • /mnt/datastore/videos/Educational
  • /mnt/datastore/videos/Movies
  • /mnt/datastore/videos/TV Shows
On my Android Tablet (Nexus 7), I'm using BubbleUPnP as a DLNA client to access MiniDLNA.

However, for some reason, it's only showing the Movies and TV Shows folders.

The Educational folder definitely contains videos (.mp4). It does however contain other things (e.g. PDFs, Textfiles etc.), and it has more files.

However, is there any reason that it isn't showing up, and the other two directories are showing up?

Under MiniDLNA configuration, I thought I'd turn on "Rescan on (re)start", and then disable and re-enable the plugin - however, the "Educational" folder still isn't showing up.

I've also tested with a different Android DLNA client (Skifta) - same issue, only "Movies" and "TV Shows" show up.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,
Victor

PS: Also - as an aside - the SMB/AFP shares I've created don't seem to be auto-discovered on my Mac (OSX 10.9) - I'm guessing Bonjour is working fine in 9.2.0 RC2, right? Hmm, I suppose that's probably a separate issue though.

heavenhated

Dabbler
Things i learnt the hard way was to have all your data under a new directory/Folder under your data set. If your folders are directly under data set and you are refering to the data set in the storage mapping table it behaves very strange.

All i did was move the 3 folders you have above under a new folder/directory in the data set.

Now i have all the folders and subfolders getting displayed. You can try that as well to see if that helps fix your requirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.