sabnzbd / sickbeard / couchpotato pbi's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfeman0101

Patron
I got SickBeard and SABnzbd up and running great but I'm having an issue with CouchPotato.

Code:
Jail# /usr/local/bin/python: can't open file '/usr/pbi/couchpotato-amd64/CouchPotato/CouchPotato.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory

I installed the .pbi from the GUI the same way as I did for SickBeard and SABnzbd.

gesshoku

Dabbler
i can confirm this. i changed localhost to my jail-IP and can access sabnzbd now.

Thanks for all the work and effort put into this!

Did anybody else have an issue getting to the SABnzbd+ webadmin?
I installed the sabnzbd plugin, edited the rc.conf, started the service. All worked perfectly. Navigated to my jail ip address with the port 8080: Not found.

Weird. I then installed sickbeard, did all the steps, jailip:8081. Worked fine.

So I ran 'netstat -a | egrep "Proto|LISTEN"', and saw that sickbeard was running on *.8081 and sabnzbd was running on localhost:8080.

So i edited the /usr/pbi/sabnzbd-amd64/data/config.ini so that host = *, didn't work, then I edited it to the jailip and it worked.

Has anyone else had this issue?

gesshoku

Dabbler
Installing the Couchpotato plugin seems to mess things up for me.
I just deleted all plugins and started installing again one by one:
Sabnzbd -> all good, Sickbeard -> all good, Couchpotato -> "The Python module Cheetah is required" error when starting sabnzbd.
Sabnzbd -> all good, Couchpotato -> "The Python module Cheetah is required".

After removing Couchpotato, i get this error "/usr/local/bin/python: No such file or directory" - which is probably correct, as i assume it removes the files necessary for couchpotato and the rest probably rely on these as well.

Kind of a pity, because Couchpotato was the reason for setting up a new FreeNAS ;-)

i'm using v0.6 - 64 Bit. FreeNAS build: FreeNAS-8.2.0-BETA4-x64 (r11722). Freshly set up.
If there is anything else i can test, let me know.

Wolfeman0101

Patron
Sabnzbd -> all good, Sickbeard -> all good, Couchpotato -> "The Python module Cheetah is required" error when starting sabnzbd.

After removing Couchpotato, i get this error "/usr/local/bin/python: No such file or directory" - which is probably correct, as i assume it removes the files necessary for couchpotato and the rest probably rely on these as well.

Kind of a pity, because Couchpotato was the reason for setting up a new FreeNAS ;-)

i'm using v0.6 - 64 Bit. FreeNAS build: FreeNAS-8.2.0-BETA4-x64 (r11722). Freshly set up.

Having the exact same problem.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
sorry, been busy moving from college to sacramento where I'm gonna start my new job. The startup script downloads couchpotato from his git I believe. When I get the chance I'll repackage the plugins with the apps already downloaded. Everything except sabnzbd auto updates so it shouldn't matter if I package up an old version.

Also problems with sabnzbd may have to do with the new version (7.0). I haven't tested it yet. Once again this will all be fixed once I get to repackage this stuff.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Weird couchpotato didn't need cheetah before, I'll test this and add it if it does, thanks

gesshoku

Dabbler
Well, i didn't check whether Couchpotato worked. i checked if sabnzbd did and after installing the CP plugin, sabnzbd would give me the missing cheetah error message.

The packaged sabnzdb was 0.6.x in my case. Replacing the files (after install) with 0.7 worked flawlessly.

And no apologies needed. We all know you are busy and most of us have a real life, too. It's already great that you are contributing your time. Good luck and fun with the new job! :smile:

Wolfeman0101

Patron
Well, i didn't check whether Couchpotato worked. i checked if sabnzbd did and after installing the CP plugin, sabnzbd would give me the missing cheetah error message.

The packaged sabnzdb was 0.6.x in my case. Replacing the files (after install) with 0.7 worked flawlessly.

And no apologies needed. We all know you are busy and most of us have a real life, too. It's already great that you are contributing your time. Good luck and fun with the new job! :smile:

You just grabbed 0.7 from their site?

gesshoku

Dabbler
Exactly, install the PBI from Josh, find the sabnzbd folder in your jail/plugin and replace the files with the new ones from the sabnzbd site (http://sabnzbd.org/download/).
i did do the initial setup with the wizard before replacing, as i thought it would already be 0.7, but i assume that you can also replace before setting things up.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
looking at couchpotato, it has changed alot. init has to be changed a bit, and it is now hosted at a different git. (there is now a couchpotato server only and couchpotato project)

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I also have been playing with adding maraschino, it looks awesome and once again has a nice python based webui. don't have my freenas box running right now but I'm running it on freebsd and wrote up a nice init file, just gotta package it up.

gesshoku

Dabbler
Wow, that looks really sweet. i definitely have to set up an xmbc machine now. The raspberry feels a bit too sluggish with it, but apart from that i liked the look and feel. A friend of mine recommended using openelec instead (for the raspberry).

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I tried openelec on my cousin's rasberrypi, it played everything great (except a few exceptions), but had slower menus then raspbmc, I think raspbmc is taking alot of the transparency out of the stock eden theme to make it run smoother.

In the end I'd still personally go with an atom board with openelec. I have 2 ion2 boards but they need a fan or they slower overheat, the future atom (valley view) boards seem very promising. They should be totally fanless and much cheaper than ion2 boards cause they have a much weaker, but still capable intel HD gpu.

munificent

Explorer
Guys, I've read most of this thread with great interest and a little suspicion. I am looking to create the perfect media server yet my current Ubuntu + [usual suspects] setup has one annoying bug after another. I'm seriously considering moving to FreeNAS 8.2 but I am worried that - as it's not yet released - now might not be the time. I want to get it all up and running with Sab/CP/sick/Trans all working sweetly. If I take the plunge, how likely am I to be crying into my cornflakes two days later?

In other words, as a FreeNAS novice but a generally computer savvy guy, is now the time to get stuck in?

Wolfeman0101

Patron
Guys, I've read most of this thread with great interest and a little suspicion. I am looking to create the perfect media server yet my current Ubuntu + [usual suspects] setup has one annoying bug after another. I'm seriously considering moving to FreeNAS 8.2 but I am worried that - as it's not yet released - now might not be the time. I want to get it all up and running with Sab/CP/sick/Trans all working sweetly. If I take the plunge, how likely am I to be crying into my cornflakes two days later?

In other words, as a FreeNAS novice but a generally computer savvy guy, is now the time to get stuck in?

If you want it all working basically turn key and walk away, no. If you like to tinker and don't mind some bugs then yes. I got it all running beautifully (exect Couch Potato) but it took some decent effort. I'd also say if you don't know Unix/Linux wait, I had to do a lot of command line stuff to get it working right.

munificent

Explorer
I don't mind tinkering but I am not good enough to solve any problems I hit without help. My Unix/Linux is improving quickly but it's not there yet. Once you guys ahve a blow-by-blow to getting this done, I'm first in line as an early adopter. This new Jail does sound like the perfect solution.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Eventually this plugin should take no commands =]
Just knowing how to click menu's / and how to use these great programs, but for now you will need to know a bit of unix.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Hey Josh,

Can I do anything to help you out?

Yeah you can install the plugins and then see if you can somehow get the menus to work. look at where the official plugins have their menu files (written in javascript). We then need to create similar files to configure options like enabling the service, or starting the service (both these just need to run commands). I haven't been able to look at the plugins or docs for 8.2beta4 but I did try unsuccessfully with beta3. Not sure if much has changed.

Goodluck, and tell me if you need any help!
http://doc.freenas.org/index.php/Plugins look at the section "Creating your own FreeNAS™ PBIs"

munificent

Explorer
Also, for the record, thank you all very much for taking the time to figure this out. Those of us who aren't up to helping thank you for your efforts!

Status
Not open for further replies.