sabnzbd / sickbeard / couchpotato pbi's

Status
Not open for further replies.

William Grzybowski

Wizard
iXsystems
@Stefna

AFAIK those pluguins does not have a FreeNAS GUI, which means you have to manually access the jail and start them, as explained above:
-install pbi
-add 'plugin_enable = "YES"' to /etc/rc.conf
-run 'service plugin start'
-anything else you want to test - stopping it, checking status

Stefan Reek

Cadet
Yeah, that's what I did, the plugins work fine that way.
It was only because the syslog showed those errors that I thought the treemenu was bugged.
If the treemenu is NYI that would of course explain a lot :P

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
If you guys feel up to it you can start hacking away to create the javascript files that would show up in the tree menu. just check the errors and where the official plugins have their files and copy them. We just need some files to control enable/disabling, starting/stopping, checking pidfile (status), and possibly editing 'data/config.ini'

William Grzybowski

Wizard
iXsystems
@Joshua

Maybe you could start a repository in github, then anyone that wishes to contribute could fork and pull request...

Anyway, just an idea

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
@Joshua

Maybe you could start a repository in github, then anyone that wishes to contribute could fork and pull request...

Anyway, just an idea

K might do that, just not sure if I should cause I have binaries in the source. I'll see what I can do once I find some more time.

geronimo1958

Contributor
I probably should wait for 8.2 to be official.................

I followed the instructions and installed the Sabnzbd plugin via the pbi

I added

'plugin_enable = "YES"' to /etc/rc.conf

That is the rc.conf within the Jail (right?)

I type:

service plugin start

at the prompt (still within the Jail)

and get an error

plugin does not exist in the /etc/rc.d or the local startup
directories (/usr/local/etc/rc.d)

What did I do wrong??

fknkev

Cadet
I followed the instructions and installed the Sabnzbd plugin via the pbi

I added

'plugin_enable = "YES"' to /etc/rc.conf

That is the rc.conf within the Jail (right?)

I type:

service plugin start

at the prompt (still within the Jail)

and get an error

plugin does not exist in the /etc/rc.d or the local startup
directories (/usr/local/etc/rc.d)

What did I do wrong??

I followed the same steps and received the same error but I found sabnzbd was running. Check top and see if it is running. I asked Josh the same question afterwards and here was his response:
Please install the plugin through the gui.

To setup for example sabnzbd,
add.. sabnzbd_enable="YES" to /etc/rc.conf
and run.. service sabnzbd start

hope that clears things up

I have another question. What would be the best way to move the items sabnzbd downloads to its completed folder to a destination outside the jail?

geronimo1958

Contributor
I am too dense to figure out that I should substitute "sabnzbd" for "plugin".

Thanks.

gesshoku

Dabbler

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
My webserver is down right now. I'm currently moving from 1 location to another. I'll get this setup again once I am fully moved in a few weeks

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
the pbi's will install the programs in a jail. A virtual freebsd system running on your freenas system. They share the same kernel so there is almost no loss in performance, but the plugins are isolated from your main system keeping things cleaner and more secure.

Also when you upgrade freenas, you can over write the flash drive (where your OS is installed), but the jail will not be touched (which will be on your data disks). Alot of those guides that show how to install usenet plugins on freenas get messed up after a upgrade with FreeNAS 8

Nathan Wilbury

Dabbler
My webserver is down right now. I'm currently moving from 1 location to another. I'll get this setup again once I am fully moved in a few weeks

Hey Josh,

I am keen to test out the PBIs and I am happy to host them until you get your server running again.

I know that you are probably busy with other things right now, but if you are happy to send them to me I will put links up in this thread.

Let me know.

Wolfeman0101

Patron
Can someone post a quick guide on how to install these? How do I configure them once they are installed?

Nathan Wilbury

Dabbler
Did anybody else have an issue getting to the SABnzbd+ webadmin?
I installed the sabnzbd plugin, edited the rc.conf, started the service. All worked perfectly. Navigated to my jail ip address with the port 8080: Not found.

Weird. I then installed sickbeard, did all the steps, jailip:8081. Worked fine.

So I ran 'netstat -a | egrep "Proto|LISTEN"', and saw that sickbeard was running on *.8081 and sabnzbd was running on localhost:8080.

So i edited the /usr/pbi/sabnzbd-amd64/data/config.ini so that host = *, didn't work, then I edited it to the jailip and it worked.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Nathan, I didn't have that problem. Maybe your FreeNAS box already had something binded to 8080? If anyone else can confirm this I can mess with sab default setting in the init file to bind to only 1 IP.

Thanks for keeping the pbi's thunder, I should have the source and pbi's up again shortly and will start working on this again in less than a week.
My goal is to mess with the gui stuff a bit, and I may play around with setting up an newznab server as a plugin.

Status
Not open for further replies.