Revert Upgrade from 11.2 Stable to 11Stable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerzy Sobski

Explorer
Need help. I just did a update today moving from Freenas 11.0 Stable to 11.2 Stable. Entire update went fine till I went and looked at Plugins and Jails. The new UI no longer lists the jails or Plugins which were running under Freenas 11 Stable.

I can access the plugins without issue by IP address but unable to see them in the UI of the Freenas 11.2Stable.

Is there a way to get them to populate the lists in jails and Plugins?
Is there a simple process that allows me to get these into the new Freenas without losing all settings and databases (Plex, Sickrage, etc..)?

I also considered reverting back to previous install but noticed that it is no longer on the USB stick which may have been a result of moving to the new 11.2Stable. Can I do a fresh install of Freenas 11Stable and upload the backup configurations which were done before the upgrade? Or has there been a significant change from this move that would not work as a result of the upgrade?

danb35

Hall of Famer
to 11.2 Stable
There is no 11.2 stable; what you installed was a beta.
I can access the plugins without issue by IP address but unable to see them in the UI of the Freenas 11.2Stable.
That's because plugins with previous versions were warden jails, while 11.2 has made the transition to iocage jails. Your plugins will continue to work, and you can see them in the legacy GUI.

bitola1970

Dabbler
There is no 11.2 stable; what you installed was a beta.

That's because plugins with previous versions were warden jails, while 11.2 has made the transition to iocage jails. Your plugins will continue to work, and you can see them in the legacy GUI.

This^ On the new 11.2 gui login page there's a link to the legacy gui.

xTitus Maximusx

Dabbler
So is it Stable train or not for 11.2?

danb35

Hall of Famer
So is it Stable train or not for 11.2?
11.2 stable does not yet exist. The betas (and release candidates) for 11.2 are/will be on the 11.2-STABLE train.

goldfingerz

Cadet
Hello,

(first time poster, long time user since 2014))

I'm in a similar situation. I went straight from 9 to 11, but picked the 11.2-stable train without noticing it's a BETA release. Now my strategy is to switch to 11.1, however I never used that train and therefore had to install it, but I was able from to activate it from the web GUI.

Am I going to be able to select at the bootloader without causing any problems?

Thanks. And great product btw, well packaged and stable.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Hello,

(first time poster, long time user since 2014))

I'm in a similar situation. I went straight from 9 to 11, but picked the 11.2-stable train without noticing it's a BETA release. Now my strategy is to switch to 11.1, however I never used that train and therefore had to install it, but I was able from to activate it from the web GUI.

Am I going to be able to select at the bootloader without causing any problems?

Thanks. And great product btw, well packaged and stable.
What did you do, exactly? Your description is confusing.

The correct way to achieve what you wanted is:
  • Revert to the old version's boot environment
  • Update from the old version to the desired newer train
  • ???
  • Profit

goldfingerz

Cadet
I was running 9.10, switched to the 11.2-Stable train, applied the update and rebooted to the 11.2-Beta release. After noticing the bugs with the plugins, I was thinking of going to the 11.1 train, even though I've never downloaded or installed any releases from that train.

I successfully applied an update from the 11.1 train, but I wasn't able to activate it. I thought that it might be a preventive mesure for causing potentially harmful problems. I know I can select it from the bootloader, but I just wanted to be sure, since I didn't understand the idea behind not allowing me to activate in the web GUI's boot environment page.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Yeah, that shouldn't have been allowed, since the config files aren't backwards compatible. Revert and update from there. But first, delete that boot environment that was just created.

artlessknave

Wizard
it's pretty hilarious how selecting "Stable" gets you "Beta" instead. it's almost like it's made by a company who released this thing called "Freenas-corral" to a gigantic fanfare of "oh shit, lets pretend that never existed".
I'm not even considering clicking "update" until i know there is a release version...and even then, probably wait for u3 or u10, y'know, when it's actually release quality without data and config shredding bugs.

KevinCH

Cadet
My installation wasn't able to start nginx and with that the webgui at all. It also didn't start any ssh, smb shares or anything similar. Thanks for the hint that the freenas is able to boot into another build. That helps a lot exporting my data :)

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Reading the manual helps to reveal features of things you use...

Status
Not open for further replies.