Problems with Plex Media Server on fresh install?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IonutZ

Contributor
Hey everyone,

I upgraded to FreeNAS 11 and figured I'd upgrade Plex at the same time. I've had a Plex jail since 9.1 and it has worked well over the years. After upgrading to 1.5.6 (which is Plex latest) I started getting the screen in the screenshot attached. I don't know what to do next?!

I figured hell... it's probably an issue with my jail, so I nuked it... and reinstalled... same damn thing :|

Can't find the text in the Plex screen anywhere... has nobody else ever experienced this?

Your help is much appreciated!

Cheers,

IonutZ

Attachments

• plexwhat.png
    plexwhat.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 579

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
This is almost certainly going to be a trivial problem.

Have you tried to access DIRECTLY with IP address? For example, you access with IP and port, usually port == 32400,
so if your Plex jail was 192.168.1.10, you'd do:
https://192.168.1.10:32400/web/index.html

What happens when you do that?

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
@DrKK Exactly the same response from the server.
Your Plex Media server tells you "You need a Plex Media server"?

Are you absolutely certain that you are accessing the right IP address etc? I'd like to be able to help.

IonutZ

Contributor
Tried with Chrome on incognito @m0nkey_ it asked me to sign in again, as soon as I signed in with my PLEX account (which never used to be a thing before - to have to sign in to get to PLEX), it showed me the same message.

Same IP I used to access before. I have DNS setup with a hostname for it... same port 32400... it doesn't make a lot of sense. I made the IP on the jail the same after I recreated it @DrKK

danb35

Hall of Famer
I just installed the Plex plugin on a FN11RC3 test server. You can skip the login on first use by clicking "What's this?" in the lower right, and then "skip". It does otherwise seem to be working correctly for me.

Kingr_

Dabbler
I'm having this same issue

following the steps listed here to install plex (plexpass version) inside a jail:
https://forums.freenas.org/index.ph...to-install-plex-in-a-freenas-9-10-jail.19412/

I read through the entire thread but can't seem to find if anything has changed for Freenas 11

I can get the plugin version working but as soon as I try the jail method I hit the same problem. it just keeps searching for the server

thoughts?

possibly also related to this thread:
https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/plex-plugin-wont-allow-me-to-add-media.57959/

but this one has no answers either.

Thank you in advance

Kingr_

Dabbler
I have also tried with the non plexpass version... same issue.

it looks like it is installing a client-side app instead of a server instance. does anyone have experience with the latest versions?

FreeNASBob

Patron
Hey everyone,

I upgraded to FreeNAS 11 and figured I'd upgrade Plex at the same time. I've had a Plex jail since 9.1 and it has worked well over the years. After upgrading to 1.5.6 (which is Plex latest) I started getting the screen in the screenshot attached. I don't know what to do next?!
I have the same issue today. I used to be able to bypass the requirement for an account, but now there is no option. When I signed up I received the message like in your screenshot. It looks like Plex is trying really hard to annoy the crap out of the people who use their software. Another case of letting marketing people have decision-making power.

Status
Not open for further replies.