Problems after 9.10.1 update

Status
Not open for further replies.

D G

Explorer
After calming the brief anxiety I had over the LSI driver/firmware mismatch misunderstanding, I still had 2 unsettling problems post update to 9.10.1 that ultimately caused me to roll back to the previous version.

After running the update, my server rebooted just fine, but on its next reboot, the FreeNAS webUI was inaccessible, and the output from the console was looping on
"getty repeating too quickly on port /dev/ttyv0, sleeping 30 secs"
Searching this comes up with the canned advice of "probably a bad USB stick or corrupt install. Reinstall, apply config and come back to us" :P but I couldn't find an explanation of what this error is or what would cause it?

Additionally, all of my CIFS shares stopped working. I could not access my server from Windows Explorer by host name nor IP address, from various operating systems, physical devices, VMs, etc.

Interestingly, my jail did load and I could get to my Plex webUI just fine.

After rolling back to the previous boot environment, everything went back to working just fine. Any ideas on what would have been the source of those two symptoms (the shares not "working" and the inaccessible webUI with the looping console output)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
D

dlavigne

Are you using AD? We did get a bug report about CIFS not working from someone using AD (the bug is marked private as they uploaded their debug).

D G

Explorer
Yes, I have Windows AD running on two Server 2012 DC's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.