GUI Gone Updating 9.2.1.8 to 9.10.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

vladimirb0b

Cadet
I am trying to upgrade from 9.2.1.8 to 9.10.1. I have two computers that are the same, and one seems to have upgraded without a problem (in the first day at least).

The other computer keeps losing accessibility to the GUI although it responds to pings.

Here is what I have done, after a direct upgrade bricked the GUI.

1)Fresh install, initial settings done, no volumes seen, reboot, GUI comes up fine

2)Then import volumes, volumes seen, reboot, and can't connect http or browse via network

output says: "getty repeating too quickly on port /dev/ttyv0 sleeping 30 secs"

3)Reflashed iso to USB stick and "upgrade" install = still no GUI

Going back to 9.2.1.8 old usb stick works.

vladimirb0b

Cadet
Update: Started up old stick and grabbed settings, did a fresh install and loaded settings, and back to error.

I should note that the selection screen scrolls all the time.

I don't have Autotuner activated and shouldn't have any DHCP problems

vladimirb0b

Cadet
Final message before I wait for advice:

Did a fresh 9.3 install on a different flash drive which booted and then imported 9.2.1.8 settings. On reboot got errors including the "getty" error, scrolling menu, and no GUI

Sakuru

Guru

Sakuru

Guru
I think you may have a network configuration issue in your old config file. Without editing your config file you may have to just start over. If you are willing to post your config file I can poke at it and see if I notice anything.

vladimirb0b

Cadet
Despite Sakuru's help I have tried every thing I could imagine and still get scrolling, getty error, and no WebGUI or network connectivity. This is when updating 9.2.1.8 to 9.3 or 9.10.

Status
Not open for further replies.