FreeNAS-9.10, can't access WebUI after upgrade; getty repeating too quickly on port

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smarley

Explorer
Dear,

I upgrade my Freenas 9.3 to 9.10.
After that, I've acessed the WebUI sometime and last week received this error and cannot access the WebUI anymore.

Someone has the same problem?
The server is working well but I need to replace a hard drive that has a problem and need to use the WebUI.

Error message: "getty repeating too quickly on port /dev/ttyv0 sleeping 30 secs"

The server is a Lenovo TS140.
I tryed to reboot without the keyboard and without my data hard drives, only with the HD of Freenas OS and was the same problem.
Tryed to without the internet cable and the same result.

I saw yesterday on my email that has an update of 9.10 but did not check this bug on the list.
Can I upgrade the system using a pendrive with the new ISO?
Maybe I need to try this first before reinstall all the stuff and came back to 9.3.

At the night I can check in my personal computer what is the exactly release that I install on that machine.

Thanks!

D

dlavigne

It's possible the current stick is bad. Try installing the latest 9.10 on a different stick and see if it lets you boot from that.

Smarley

Explorer
Ok, I will try.

The freeNAS was installed in a hard disk, I will try in a pendrive.

In new installation I will lose all my configurations right?
Snaps, users, email, jails, etc... ?

D

dlavigne

Yes, unless you have a saved config which you can restore.

Sounds like dlavigne has you on the right path.

One thing I noticed is that if you bind both the IPv4 and IPv6 WebGUI addresses you get the error described in 9.10 from what I can tell you can bind the GUI to an IPv4 address without a problem. I believe that it has something to do with how FreeBSD handles dual stack networking. I know there was a problem in earlier FreeNAS 9 version but those problems were fixed at one point. I don't know how your config was setup but double check this before doing the upgrade. I had the problem happen on my production system when I made some changes in my network and tried to bind only to the internal IPv6 address. If someone else has a system they can check this out on it may be worthwhile.

Smarley

Explorer
Ok, can I get the config files by SSH?
I not and linux expert but I can try.

Harold Roberts

Dabbler
I have been working great for 2 days. now all of a sudden I am getting this error. I cannot connect via the GUI nor the console. I rebooted and entered single user mode. Can someone please provide me the steps to turn off IPV6 on LAGG0, or delete the lagg0 interface so I can access my server again, and see if it will come alive.

I can still access it via shares, but I am unable to SSH or telnet into the Box. It appears I only have verbose, full or single user mode on this box. I really don't want to wipe everything, and then rebuild from scratch and copy all of the data back over again.

Thanks,

Last edited:

Harold Roberts

Dabbler
No. I finally had to recreate the boot disk, and then import the volumes in order to get access to my NAS drives

Status
Not open for further replies.