SOLVED Can't access web gui or fileserver after update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Boltwood

Dabbler
Just applied an update through the web gui, I'm afraid I'm not sure exactly from which version exactly to which version exactly, but from pretty recent on the 9.10 stable train to, I guess, the latest on the 9.10 stable train. I can't access the server. On attaching a screen, I have the Console Setup menu with the error "init: getty repeating too quickly on port /dev/ttyv0, sleeping 30 secs".

Spearfoot

He of the long foot
Just applied an update through the web gui, I'm afraid I'm not sure exactly from which version exactly to which version exactly, but from pretty recent on the 9.10 stable train to, I guess, the latest on the 9.10 stable train. I can't access the server. On attaching a screen, I have the Console Setup menu with the error "init: getty repeating too quickly on port /dev/ttyv0, sleeping 30 secs".
Yes, sir - there's a bug report on this:

https://bugs.freenas.org/issues/16150

In the meantime, you'll have to reboot and revert to your prior FreeNAS installation from the boot menu.

Tom Boltwood

Dabbler
Brilliant, that seems to have worked, thanks. For some reason, the previous 9.10 boot was named something weird and wouldn't work, so I've had to go back to 9.3…

Spearfoot

He of the long foot
Status
Not open for further replies.