Plex plugin not started?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmyrtle

Cadet
Greetings everyone!

I am very new to using FreeNAS, but I was able to setup a Plex server for home media use. The problem I'm having is that Plex has disappeared from the left menu and the plugin is set to OFF. When I try to set the plugin to ON, it doesn't start and it says "Some error occurred." at the top.

I have tried restarting FreeNAS and the Plex jail, but nothing is working.

What is happening and how can I fix it?

Attachments

• freenas_plexsnip.PNG
    freenas_plexsnip.PNG
    135.4 KB · Views: 450
Last edited:

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
If you're saying that the jail is started and you can get to plex, just ignore the service status. For plex, it was only ever necessary to have that set to on for the initial setup.

I wouldn't waste any of your (or my) time looking for solutions to problems with the Warden jail plugin system.

When you migrate to 11.2 (assuming there's nothing that will prevent you from doing that when it's released) and get your jail setup on iocage, we can spend the time necessary to handle any issues you have with that.

jmyrtle

Cadet
I was curious to know about FreeNAS 11.2's release as I can upgrade to it whenever I like. It's showing as STABLE when I go to the Update screen and select it from the dropdown list.
I am afraid to update it however as I don't want anything to be destroyed in the process.

I was able to fix this problem for now as one of my other devices was configured with the same IP address as Plex. After changing the IP in the Plex jail, it worked again.
I will have to configure everything in my house as a Static IP to keep everything from getting mixed up later on.

sretalla