Plex Pass Plugin Update

jkalousek

Dabbler
I installed Plex pass plugin on 11.2-U2 and have been using it for a past month without problem. Now I want to update plugin... (on 11.2-U3)
At first I just simply tried going to Jails and under ... Press "Update". This results in immediate poop up saying "Jail updated successfully" But even after waiting and restarting jail, Plex is still on old version.
So my next attempt was to use "iocage update plex" and "iocage upgrade plex" both results in snapshot and console output saying that everything is being updated, and no errors are shown. But after this plex will not come up. Jail is showing status "up" but plex interface is not responding. So I revert snapshots back and tried update again, same result.
Can someone tell me where could be a problem or what logs could be helpful?

Last edited:

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
You didn't follow any of the rules with your post.

What version of Plex? 1.15.3.858 is the latest version in freebsd ports tree.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Installed version of Plex is 1.14.1.5488, update is (I assume) trying update to latest.
Well that means the plug-in hasn't been updated yet. If you want faster updates switch to a normal jail.

jkalousek

Dabbler
Well that means the plug-in hasn't been updated yet. If you want faster updates switch to a normal jail.
Excuse me but what? As I said in first post I have working plex plugin from approximately month ago which had Plex 1.14.1.5488, now there is in Available plugins, plugin with version 1.15.3.858. So there most definitely is updated version it just wont update from FN GUI and when I try to do update from CLI using "iocage update plex" it will do the update but plex will stop working.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Excuse me but what? As I said in first post I have working plex plugin from approximately month ago which had Plex 1.14.1.5488, now there is in Available plugins, plugin with version 1.15.3.858. So there most definitely is updated version it just won't update from FN GUI and when I try to do update from CLI using "iocage update plex" it will do the update but plex will stop working.
File a bug and switch the using a normal jail. Something about plugins must be broken.

ThreeDee

Guru
from the shell inside the plex jail try running
Code:
pkg update && pkg upgrade -y

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
from the shell inside the plex jail try running
Code:
pkg update && pkg upgrade -y
They don't have a normal jail. They are using the plug-in. Try reading before giving advice otherwise everything gets confusing.

ThreeDee

Guru
I did read , don't assume :oops:
I use plug-ins too .. that's how I updated my plex plug in via shell in it's respective jail

Last edited:

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
I did read , don't assume :oops:
I use plug-ins too .. that's how I updated my plex plug in via shell in it's respective jail
See that's the thing you can't update a plugin like that. It's specifically disabled so I have no clue what you are doing.
In /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos/FreeBSD.conf the pkg repository has enabled: no, which means you can't update and you should not update plugins that way because you are going around the plugin system which will just break everything.

ThreeDee

Guru
It updated just fine .. so I don't know, lol

ThreeDee

Guru
oops ..sorry OP, I have my Plex plug in jail "modified" to get latest greatest repos

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
oops ..sorry OP, I have my Plex plug in jail "modified" to get latest greatest repos
So why bother with running a plugin, just use a normal jail. That way you don't confuse other people and use the system as it's designed.

ThreeDee

Guru
why bother doing anything? Stand down man .. Stand down ..you seem a bit on the hostile side today

Setup a plug in initially .. and then see something different later and so you adjust. Am I the only one that does that?

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
why bother doing anything? Stand down man .. Stand down ..you seem a bit on the hostile side today

Setup a plug in initially .. and then see something different later and so you adjust. Am I the only one that does that?
Yeah so basically in the future you will probably introduce issues with you upgrades because of the way you modified something that should not have been modified. I keep pointing out facts and you don't like them and assume hostility. Just because you keep being wrong does not mean I'm hostile.

ThreeDee

Guru
oh .. I'm not assuming anything ..but anyhoo, gl OP on getting your issue sorted out

Andrew Ostrom

Explorer
OK, sorry to intrude on the jail vs. plugin "discussion", but has anyone figured out how to successfully apply the recently released Plexpass plugin update? I've been waiting to hear that someone has made it work - I already got bitten by the "if you delete a mount point you're hosed" issue, so I want to avoid needing to completely rebuild my Plex server once again. Thanks.

JoshDW19

Community Hall of Fame
@SweetAndLow I appreciate how helpful you are on threads but it's coming off a little bit terse in this thread today. I don't think that's your intention but reading through this thread I cringed a little bit at the interaction. Can we please dial it back a little bit? The guy was trying to help.

KopfFisch

Cadet
Hi there...I am sitting in the same boat. Can an expert here tell me if I can do the PLUGIN update in the future or ist there something broken? I don't have a hurry with updating and I generally like the idea of having a plugin :) I just want to know if there is something broken with update process because the listed Plex Pass version looks to be higher than the version that I have running and when I try to update it says "update succssful" and stays with the old version... Thank you!