Plex Music Metadata Not Loading from Last.fm

razmspiele

Dabbler
Plex Server Version#: 1.14.1.5488
Plex Player Version#: 3.83.1
FreeNAS-11.2-U2.1.

Unfortunately it doesn’t appear that the metadata is downloading for album covers from last.fm as there are many that are missing. The only ones that show up are the ones from the tags that are already embedded in the FLAC files. I’ve tried changing the agent priority in Plex and assigning a static IP and default gateway within the FreeNAS jail. I’m able to ping last.fm within the FreeNAS console so I know there’s network access. Movie posters are all fine, this only appears to be affecting music. Any help would be appreciated.

nojohnny101

Wizard
If you are able to ping the internet within the jail, then that seems to indicate it is a Plex problem. Have you tried posting on the plex forums as this doesn't seem to be a freenas issue.

razmspiele

Dabbler
I found that this was an opportunity to go through my library and properly tag everything.

I found that this was an opportunity to go through my library and properly tag everything.
Are you suggesting that tidying up your library fixed the issue?

razmspiele

Dabbler
Yes, I added artwork and other data to the tags leaving no room for error. For whatever reason the Plex server for Windows didn’t seem to have an issue locating the album info anyway.