Plex - MetaData

McTechSolutions

Dabbler
Hi Guys.

Hoping someone can help me. I am a long time Plex user but on only recently on Freenas. I have installed Plex and it opens and seems and i can see Movies etc that are there. The issue is that it does not seem to download any of the Metadata and film posters.

On my Plex i am using a LAGG group and attached to this LAGG group is some VLAN's. On the Plex Jail properties i dont have vNET or Berkley ticked as i dont want the Jail to be using the default IP address of the freenas. I have enabled allow_raw_sockets Now as i say I can open Plex and see movies but no metadata. From within my Jail in the shell i can ping 8.8.8.8 for example so it has internet access.

Any ideas? , Thanks in advance

OS Version:
FreeNAS-11.2-U5
(Build Date: Jun 24, 2019 18:41)
Processor:
AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 6380 (16 cores)
Memory:
64 GiB

Plex Version

McTechSolutions

Dabbler
Ok, got this working

Go to the settings page then under network click 'show advanced'. Then under 'List of IP addresses and networks that are allowed without auth' add 192.168.0.0/24 or whatever corresponds to your LAN.

The Metadata is now loading but why should i need to do this?

castanza128

Cadet
Same problem, and did what your comment said....fixed it for me too.
Same question:
Why can't plex freenas jails fetch and store metadata, (or in my case even play the videos that plex finds) without adding my local network to "allowed without auth" on the plex network settings page? What is it about freenas/iocage that plex cannot "auth" and we have to bypass it?

Redcoat

MVP