Plex Media Server Plugin causes entire FreeNAS system to freeze

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeschmuck

Old Man
It's possible your Plex update fixed it, although I haven't updated Plex since I installed the plugin and I haven't had a problem.

EDIT: About Plex running up your CPU temp, just look at the CPU Usage (under reporting). Mine has never exceeded 20%, never. Okay, I was able to do some high utilization when I was making custom Ubuntu jails but that was a different story. My point is, what is the CPU utilization while you are streaming using Plex? I'll bet it's not high at all. If it is, you likely have something else driving it up, not Plex.

Last edited:

Jrjy3

Dabbler
It's possible your Plex update fixed it, although I haven't updated Plex since I installed the plugin and I haven't had a problem.

EDIT: About Plex running up your CPU temp, just look at the CPU Usage (under reporting). Mine has never exceeded 20%, never. Okay, I was able to do some high utilization when I was making custom Ubuntu jails but that was a different story. My point is, what is the CPU utilization while you are streaming using Plex? I'll bet it's not high at all. If it is, you likely have something else driving it up, not Plex.

I have Plex set to buffer 3 minutes at a time, so I do see it jump to around 100% for about a 30 seconds to a minute at a time.

Since I updated, I haven't had any problems, so I hope that fixed it. If I keep having problems, I'll post back here, but if I don't, then thank you for all of your help! I really appreciate people like you who take the time to help people having issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.