Plex Plugin well out of date

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bernard Mentink

Contributor
Hi All,

I am currently running plex plugin 1.5.5.x on my Freenas 9.10.1 install. That is the latest version offered as a plugin.
Even on ports the latest plex is only 1.5.6

However, I require at least 1.7.2 to get the LiveTV options. How do I go about that?

I have tried updating Freenas to the latest stable, but I find my Jails can no longer work or be upgraded ... some issues about the software in the jail and the base system being different versions .. I don't really want to redo all my jails.

Does the latest Freenas stable have the latest Plex? If so, I will make more of an effort to resolve my jails ..
(.. reluctantly, as one of the jails is a live business web server)

Thanks,
B

EDIT: Also, plex currently can't do recordings to to mounted location I have set aside for that jail (/media/recordings) Some error regarding it can't write, any way to resolve that?

Bernard Mentink

Contributor

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
The latest plexpass version in the repository is 1.7.2.3878. pkg install plexmediaserver-plexpass

Bernard Mentink

Contributor
Ahhh, my bad, I was searching on plexmediaserver, did not realize there was 2 versions still.
(most other repos, at least on Linux have just the one now)

Bernard Mentink

Contributor
Plex all works and LiveTV is there connected to my HDHomeRun ... great.
The only issues I have are with recordings, plex says it doesn't have write permission to my /media folders.

FreeNAS mount is read/write and I have set the permission of my media files to 664 plex:wheel, should it be plex: plex?

Cheers,
B

styno

Patron
You should be able to update Plex to the latest version (incl. plexpass when providing the correct credentials) using the update script. This is covered here (older version but the procedure still applies): https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/update-to-plex-v1-0.44408/

I cannot test the permission issue as there is no TV support for any provider in my country.

adrianwi

Guru
I think it should be plex:plex as I've been saving Plex DVR recordings without any problems. They are saved into a separate folder to my other media (i.e. /media/DVR) but the permissions are the same.

And surely even linux repos need to have two different versions of Plex, as the stable version at 1.5.6 is different to the plexpass version at 1.7.2?

Status
Not open for further replies.