no IP address after config upload (0.7.2 to 0.9.2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario084

Dabbler
Dear experts,

I´m facing the following problem:
I was runnign 0.7.2 about 2 years. Now I want to upgrade and saved my configuration file on my local drive. After this I prepared a new usb stick and installed the version 0.9.2 on it. Freenas is booting and I can login to the web interface without any problems. So I navigate to configuration and say upload config file. I select the local file and i´m uploading it. After the reboot the freenas is getting no IP address. I tried also to set a new IP address in the shell (press 1, select interface, ip4,...) without success.

Can anyone help me? I really need to use my configuration file because I don´t know how to import my harddrives without loosing any data.

Thanks and best regards,
Mario

joeschmuck

Old Man
Mario,
Are you in the correct forum? Are you using NAS4Free or FreeNAS? Your version numbers do not line up either as both FreeNAS and NAS4Free have practically identical version numbers, what a coincidence.

Also have you read the user guide?

Mario084

Dabbler
Hi,

of course I´m using freenas and not any other nas solution. So I was using 0.7.2 (today known as nas4free) and I have upgraded to FreeNAS-9.2.1.2-RELEASE. Just saved the config file in the old version, preped the new usb stick and booted. Web GUI is fine, uploaded my old config from 0.7 and that´s it. No IP address anymore...

Can somebody help?

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
Hi,

of course I´m using freenas and not any other nas solution. So I was using 0.7.2 (today known as nas4free) and I have upgraded to FreeNAS-9.2.1.2-RELEASE. Just saved the config file in the old version, preped the new usb stick and booted. Web GUI is fine, uploaded my old config from 0.7 and that´s it. No IP address anymore...

Can somebody help?
You can't use the config from .7

Sent from my Nexus 5

joeschmuck

Old Man
Yes, the old config file is not compatible at all. You should reset the configuration from the CONSOLE and then setup your network and auto-import your pools. You will get an ALERT about your pools not being the latest version but just use the check box to disable the alert for that message. If you do upgrade your pools you will not be able to migrate back to the old version you were running. Once you are sure you want to stay with the new FreeNAS then you could upgrade your pools if you want to.

Mario084

Dabbler
Thx guys for that helpful answers.

I am sure that I want to stay with 9.2.1.2. but the only thing i´m afraid of is to import my drives/data to the new freenas version. On the harddisks are a lot of important data to me.

How can I create / add the harddrives to the new freenas environment? What do I have to look after to not loose any data?

Thanks

D

dlavigne

From http://doc.freenas.org/index.php/Known_Issues:

Before installing FreeNAS® you should be aware of the following known caveats and issues:
  • UPGRADES FROM FREENAS® 0.7x ARE UNSUPPORTED. The system has no way to import configuration settings from 0.7x versions of FreeNAS®, meaning that you will have to manually recreate your configuration. However, you should be able to import supported FreeNAS® 0.7x volumes.
Follow the link for instructions on how to import the disks.

Mario084

Dabbler
Thank you guys so much. Auto Import didn´t work but I just imported my discs manually without any problems....yes, I was brave! :smile: Thx!

Status
Not open for further replies.