Upload Config (version 9.3 stable)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick Townsend

Dabbler
Hello,

I have just upgraded from FreeNAS 8.3.1 to 9.3. I saved my config from the prior version, and when I try to upload the config file to the new version, I am shown a dialog box I have never seen before. When i uploaded a config file to the previous versions of freeNAS, i would just be asked for the config file. Now when I am trying to upload the config file to version 9.3, I am shown this window.

upload_2015-5-27_10-16-38.png

I need help uploading the config file, because I do not know what to do here.

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think you can import a config from 8.3 to 9.3

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
It might not be an absolute certainty, but upgrading ancient config files is known to be problematic.

Cyberjock used to recommend a specific upgrade path. From where you are, I think it's 9.1.1, 9.2, 9.2.1.9, 9.3

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
The OP appears to be unaware that a "TRACEBACK" screen is actually an indication that something has gone wrong with FreeNAS. It's not a dialog screen that needs your input. It's an error screen that you can upload to the devs for analysis.

As Erieloewe says, you may have to upgrade in smaller steps, because you are so ancient at this point.

rogerh

Guru
When you update from 9.2.1.x to 9.3 the existing configuration gets converted to a suitable format for 9.3. Equally if you upload a 9.2.1.x config file to a new install of 9.3 it converts it. Really the only reason for updating rather than doing a new install is so that the config information can be incorporated. So if you have done an update there seems no logical reason for uploading the old config file.

If neither process works with 8.3 then the progressive update process attributed to Cyberjock seems a good idea, but then there would be no point at all in uploading the old config file seeing the update process has already given you as good an approximation of the old config as it can.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
I will confirm that the upgrade path Eric mentioned is what I recommend.

Status
Not open for further replies.