New to freenas can't delete files

pep97

Cadet
Hi I'm new to freenas I got it up and running using it for plex sever. I imported a usb hdd ntfs got the files in the folder trying to move in other folder will not move. I also tried deleting it by accessing on windows pc it say I don't have permissions. I have read most of the post and can't find out what I'm doing wrong. At the end of the import of hdd it said error didn't import but it did. Is there any way to delete the files or move them to another folder?

Thanks
Frank

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
So you're saying that you imported a Windows, NTFS file system, hard drive into your freenas and then shared that file system to the network?

pep97

Cadet
i think so it had movies that i was using fro a plex server. I usually open a windows explore to add movies ot it by network but took long time. So i saw you can import a ntfs hdd so i did it put it in main folder which has some sub folders.

pep97

Cadet
No i just deleted the dataset then redid it. worked for a day now still can't delete files and plex isn't working now. might have to start over with freenas.