MiniDLNA not visible (or broadcasting) to the clients

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpillai

Cadet
Hi

I am new to FreeNAS and plugins, recently I installed FreeNAS 9.1.0 and plugins everything went fine. MiniDLNA installation was successful too. I can ping the jail ip address outside the FreeNAS and jail can ping the client machine. But the problem is DLNA client cant see the MiniDLNA. After bit of googling I found out that there is some problem in multicasting of jails, is that true? Could you please give me a solution or point to a place where I can find a solution?

Interestingly I can access the web interface of the MiniDLNA showing number of images, audio and video files through port 8200 from the client machine. Also the system process shows minidlna is running.

RPillai

D

dlavigne

Did you install using Plugins or Jails? If Jails, was vimage off or on during jail creation?

rpillai

Cadet
Hi Thanks for the reply. I installed using plugins. Clicked-> Plugins that listed 3 available plugins, so i selected DLNA and it got installed from there.

rpillai

Cadet
Hi Thanks for the reply, it was my cable modem/router causing the issue, the moment I changed my router. its all started working fine. Thanks for the time.

hank

Dabbler
hi, rpillai, i have the same issue. would you mind tell me what the problem was in your router? did you have to change some kind of configuration? thanks

Whattteva

Wizard
Hi Thanks for the reply, it was my cable modem/router causing the issue, the moment I changed my router. its all started working fine. Thanks for the time.
Router blocking internal traffic, wut? That's definitely new, lol. My guess would be the router was on its way out cause it shouldn't be mucking internal traffic... at least most consumer grade routers anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.