Tested MiniDLNA Clients

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yatti420

Wizard
I thought I would compile a list of clients I've tested with MiniDLNA1.1.0(ReadyMedia) so far.. As MiniDLNA doesn't do transcoding on the fly so MiniDLNA/the client's will have to support given format you want to serve it.. EDIT: I added some threads of relevance aswell for anybody looking for MiniDLNA tips/help.. (VIMAGE-MINIDLNA TESTED IN MANY CONFIGS..)

MiniDLNA Auto-Scan Fix FreeNAS 8
http://forums.freenas.org/showthread.php?9312-MiniDLNA-Automatic-Scan-Fix

LED TVs
*Sharp Aquos LED TV = Fully-Functional (Audio/Video/Images)

Game Consoles
Sony Playstation 3 PS3 = Fully-Functional (Audio/Video/Images)
XBMC4XBOX3.3.3 Stable = Semi-Functional (Audio/Video/Images - Black screen issue)
XBMC4XBOX3.3.3 [Nightly [32597]]= Fully-Functional (Audio/Video/Images) ((UPNP Fixes))
*XBMC4XBOX3.5 B2 =

XBMC - PC
XBMC - Ubuntu - git20130103.0959-rc3 = Semi-Functional (Audio/Video/Images - Black screen issue)
XBMC - Ubuntu - 12.3 (Frodo-Stable) git:9ed3e58 Fully-Functional (Audio/Video/Images)

Windows Applications
XBMC Gotham 13 (alpha8) = Semi-Functional (Audio/Video/Images - Black screen issue)
VLC Media Player 2.1.2 = Non-Functional (Finds UPNP server >> No shares)
Foobar 1.3.x = Fully-Functional (Music)
Foobar 1.3.x(Ubuntu-Wine) = Fully-Functional (Music)

Android 4.2.2 (Galaxy S4 Mini) - UPNP Client Applications
* UPNPPlay = Fully-Functional (Audio/Video/Images)
* XBMC GOTHAM BETA FOR ANDROID = Fully-Functional (Audio/Video/Images)
* SlickUPNP = Fully-Functional (Audio/Video/Images)

*Needs to be retested

Yatti420

Wizard
I thought I would compile a list of clients I've tested with MiniDLNA1.1.0(ReadyMedia) so far.. As MiniDLNA doesn't do transcoding on the fly MiniDLNA/the client's will have to support given format you want to serve it.. EDIT: I added some threads of relevance aswell for anybody looking for MiniDLNA tips/help..

MiniDLNA Auto-Scan Fix FreeNAS 8
http://forums.freenas.org/showthread.php?9312-MiniDLNA-Automatic-Scan-Fix

LED TVs
*Sharp Aquos LED TV = Fully-Functional (Audio/Video/Images)

Game Consoles
Sony Playstation 3 PS3 = Fully-Functional (Audio/Video/Images)
XBMC4XBOX3.3.x = Fully-Functional (Audio/Video/Images)

XBMC - PC
XBMC Ubuntu git20130103.0959-rc3 = Semi-Functional (Audio/Video/Images - Black screen issue)
XBMC Gotham 13 (alpha9) = Semi-Functional (Audio/Video/Images - Black screen issue)
Windows Applications
VLC Media Player 2.0.X = Non-Functional (Finds UPNP server >> No shares)
Foobar 1.2.9 = Fully-Functional (Music)
Foobar 1.2.9(Ubuntu-Wine) = Fully-Functional (Music)

*Needs to be retested

XBOX = The UPNP black screen issue with UPNP pictures should be fixed.. You can test the build of xbmc4xbox here.. See the original post (#2) on how to obtain the latest xbmc4xbox build (use it at your own risk).. It should be included in the next major release of xbmc4xbox.. r32597 is the specific release including the fix..

WINDOWS = I updated to the latest monthly milestone release (alpha 9) the fix for windows hasn't been included or is a different bug.. Hopefully as of XBMC 13x this wont be an issue..

UBUNTU = I will probably have to update manually.. Not sure how often XBMC *(Ubuntu Software Center) is updated..

Yatti420

Wizard
As of beginning of 2014..

XBOX= XBMC4XBOX - r32597 was working..

Ubuntu= working as of 12.3 Frodo!

WINDOWS = XBMC FRODO 12.3 Stable - Fully Functional
WINDOWS = XBMC GOTHAM ALPHA 13.3 Jan 06 Daily - Not Working (Pictures)

jeremyjo

Dabbler
I am reviewing your tested clients and looking for confirmation that a Sharp Aquos tv will work with MiniDLNA? I have FreeNas, latest version running with MiniDLNA and I can't seem to get the Aquos TVs we have to see the folders on FreeNas.

I'm sure I don't understand all the setup detail, but I don't see where those folders that the TVs see are actually on FreeNas, and I cannot browse FreeNas from the TVs, though I can see the server on the network.

Any help you could offer would be appreciated.

Thank you

Jeremy

Yatti420

Wizard
We have an LED TV using wireless... I noticed immediately you have to force rescan (yellow button>>blue button) to get minidlna server to popup.. I use vimage networked jail and it pops up right away.. Once you select the server then you may browse music / pictures / videos.. It's an inconvenience and a downside to owning sharp IMO.. Especially in Canada is the majority of the applications are US based..

Status
Not open for further replies.