SOLVED Jail not working after reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrispage1

Dabbler
Hi,

I am trying to create a CentOS jail and it works great - the IP gets assigned no issues. For the sake of argument in this case my FreeNAS local IP is 192.168.172.51 and my assigned Jail IP is 192.168.172.53.

I can access the CentOS jail via SSH no problem. The issue I am facing is that when I reboot my FreeNAS install, establishing an SSH connection then connects to the FreeNAS SSH (not the jail install). It seems that after a reboot the IP is assigned to the main FreeNAS system rather than the jail itself.

Any ideas why this might be happening?

Chris.

D

dlavigne

Is the jail's IP locked down on the network's router/DHCP server? You can also try setting a MAC address on both the jail and tying that MAC address down in the router/DHCP server.

chrispage1

Dabbler
@dlavigne I did have the jail IP locked based on the MAC address yes but this didn't seem to change anything. The jail only seems to work (before the reboot) when VIMAGE is unchecked and thus I cannot configure the MAC address.

D

dlavigne

That is a bummer... Is the IP/MAC of the FreeNAS system itself locked down?

chrispage1

Dabbler
@dlavigne Yup the IP is MAC binded to 192.168.172.51. The strange thing is when I reboot the IP doesn't become unusable - it just starts resolving to the NAS system itself rather than the jail.

D

dlavigne

Try adding an entry for the jail in the hosts field of the FreeNAS system, and an entry for the FreeNAS system in the /etc/hosts file of the jail.

chrispage1

Dabbler
@dlavigne I tried this and rebooted - still no joy. Is there any way I can bind a jail to an interface as I have 4 Gigabit ports.

Chris.

Status
Not open for further replies.