IP Jail Configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

eb7dzp

Cadet
Dear all,

I have been using Freenas for years, now I want to install apache and Ajaxplorer in a Jail.
I have a problem with the IP network configuration.
I have only one network interface and I have been assigned by the administrator an IP for the NAS machine. I must use a verified MAC, IP address and network configuration and if I use something different the ethernet network is set down automaticaly by the remote administrator, which is allways checking that my configuration is the same of the network configuration database.

So I can not use for the Jail a IP inside my network becouse all different IP are assigend to different people in the Intranet. I don´t know if I can use NAT inside the Jail instead a Bridge to share the NAS IP. I have searched for post in that sense, but I have found no information about NAT configuration to make the JAIL access the intranet network where the FreeNas is working.

Any ideas ??

Thanks in advance.

joeschmuck

Old Man
Currently you are stuck assigning a separate IP address in the Jail setup. I would suggest you acquire another IP address from your Administrator and set the MAC address as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.