SOLVED Unable to access jail via web browser

Status
Not open for further replies.

3dNater

Cadet
Hi, I am a total noob!

Now that that is out of the way...

I am running freeNAS 9.2.0

I have been running a Plex server for the past month. I ran into trouble with it immediately after installing the plugin where I could not access the server via the ip address assigned to it in the jail via the GUI. Luckily I had a friend with extensive FreeBSD experience handy and he was able to see what wasn't working in the jail network config and fixed it for me. It has been running well since that time.

Tonight I got some time and installed sickbeard, couchpotato, and transmission. Transmission is the first one I tried to configure. In the GUI the IP for the Transmission jail is set to 192.168.2.7. When I enter that into my web browser I am unable to connect to it. However I can ping it via cmd in Win 7. I can also ping www.google.com from inside the jail via ssh.

I am not sure whether there is a network configuration issue with the transmission jail or if I am simply missing something else on how to connect to it via the web browser.

Any help is appreciated.

-Nate

3dNater

Cadet
Ok... I mentioned I am a total Noob. I was entering "192.168.2.7" into google chrome.

I decided to try entering "192.168.2.7:9091/web/index.html" and was greeted by the transmission GUI.

Status
Not open for further replies.