Can't connect to jail interface via browser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cainram

Dabbler
Hello! I've got my Plex media server jail installed and have added storage. I've also disabled remote security in the plugins > plex box. I have assigned the IP address 10.6.18.12 in the 'Edit Jail' area and set the netmask to /24. I am unable to ping the jail from within the FreeNAS shell, nor am I able to ping it from another computer on the network. I have made no other changes to the jail. I think I may have to do something with aliases or bridged addresses but, having watched the video tutorial on adding the plex plugin done by iX systems and seeing that nothing like that was done in the example, I am reticent to do so.

I am running FreeNAS 9.2.16.-RELEASE-x64.

Thanks in advance

Yatti420

Wizard
It could be that plex is misconfigured.. I don't use it so it's hard to help.. But aslong as your jail is configured properly you should be able to ping.. Make sure it's running etc..

JJT211

Patron
Im having a very similar problem. Cant access via browser and unable to ping any of my jail plugins.

By restarting the jail you actually mean restarting the plugins correct?

Cainram

Dabbler
Yes. But I had a couple of non standard things going on. The first thing I'd ask you to look at is the plugin menu on the left. I have only used Plex so if my advice doesn't apply, that's too bad, but it's the best I can do. From the plugin menu, open the config box for one of your plugins. See if there is an option to 'disable remote security'. If so, check it and try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.