"Invisible" folders with content, but it's definitely there and can be accessed.

Devilpuppet

Cadet
Hi guys,

I have been a happy user of FreeNAS for a while now (I love tinkering with it, to get it to work as I want it), but I've recently noticed something weird: One of my folders has disappeared from my Finder on Mac OS.

I'm running Transmission and Plex on my server (next to some backups), and Plex is indexing everything I am adding with Transmission. Even the folders that is invisible (but accessible) through Finder.

The situation: There's a few folders with content, which are being indexed (and can be played) by Plex and can be entered by using the "Go to folder" function in finder, but in no way can I just get the folder listed in the finder itself.
Attached are some screenshots of the folder structure when in one of the folders, the folder structure when in the "parent"-folder and the .txt output when making a temporary files list from this comment. On the Sublime-screenshot, I have made empty lines on the "fake" folder structure, which shows there are 3 invisible folders.

When I started writing this post, I thought it was just one folder. However, when I started to analyze the outputs, I noticed there were multiple "hidden" folders.

Things I've tried:
- Restarting the server
- Shutting the server down and turning it back on
- See if I had accidentally hidden the folders
- Changing the name of the folders

So, in short: folders are there, just not visible in my finder. What is happening?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-04-28 at 20.15.11.png
    Screenshot 2019-04-28 at 20.15.11.png
    141.8 KB · Views: 337
  • Screenshot 2019-04-28 at 20.15.20.png
    Screenshot 2019-04-28 at 20.15.20.png
    57.6 KB · Views: 326
  • Screenshot 2019-04-28 at 20.37.32.png
    Screenshot 2019-04-28 at 20.37.32.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 353

sretalla