automatic sorting "download" folders content

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tadas

Cadet
hi all

i'm happy freenas user. I run only two plugins which are Transmission and PLEX. Everything is ok accept one anoying thing (see bellow). My share folder structure simple:
  • Downloads <-- default transmission download directory
  • Movies <-- Plex Movie dir
  • Music <-- Plex Music dir
  • Series <-- Plex Series dir
What i do every time when i want to watch movie via Plex i manually copy (file should stay in download folder if i want transmission to share it) downloaded file or folder to "Movie" directory. So generally in order to use Plex i need to manually sort all "Download" folder content to corresponding folders to see them in Plex. Is it there automatic way to do that?

sorry for my english :)

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Not really. Gotta sort it all yourself. :(

madik

Explorer
I am happy with how Transmission and Plex media server works. I wanted to write a little guide how to downloading and then how to use it in Plex media server, but it got messy and difficult to understand. So just a little advice:

If you dont know application called "Transmission Remote GUI" then go for it. It makes the user experience almost exactly the same as with uTorrent. You simply open a Torrent file and manually set the download directory for the torrent.
So for Movies you can put them into folder /media/movies/somesubfolder and for Tvshows you can put them into /media/tvshows/somesubfolder. With this you just set in the Plex media server what folder it should monitor in case of Movies. And for Tvshows you do the same (/media/tvshows).
With this setup it will stay seeding in your Transmission and be ready in Plex for watching.

mjws00

Guru
Filebot will rename and move files for you automatically. Sickbeard can post-process tv series automatically. Both will create structures that Plex loves. Sickbeard plugs in. Couchpotato is similar but for movies. Filebot is multiplatform, and with server side copy should be quick.

Sorry I don't know how to automate this in FreeNas. Haven't had a chance to work with the plugin's much. I just let a spare windows box manage this and let FreeNAS do the storage.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.