rsync Backup Status: Success BUT JUST EMPTY FOLDERS !!!! Help please....

pieca

Cadet
Hi,

I have a Freenas server at work (11.3U4) and an old Netgear NAS at home (readynas os)
I'm trying to rsync my freenas system dataset to my Netgear Nas (latest os 6.10.3).

The rsync client is the Netgear Nas who is pulling data from my Freenas via SSH
I'm trying to copy : /mnt/MYNAS

Everything seems properly configured. When I start the rsync process from my Negear, it seems to works with : "Backup Status: Success" in the log file
BUT the result is only the first level of my source folder :
- /mnt/MYNAS/ all files and folders are present on the Netgear NAS, but ALL THE FOLDERS ARE EMPTY

At first I tried with a newly created user, but the issue is the same wit root user

Any idea?

Thanks for your help

Spearfoot

He of the long foot
Hi,

I have a Freenas server at work (11.3U4) and an old Netgear NAS at home (readynas os)
I'm trying to rsync my freenas system dataset to my Netgear Nas (latest os 6.10.3).

The rsync client is the Netgear Nas who is pulling data from my Freenas via SSH
I'm trying to copy : /mnt/MYNAS

Everything seems properly configured. When I start the rsync process from my Negear, it seems to works with : "Backup Status: Success" in the log file
BUT the result is only the first level of my source folder :
- /mnt/MYNAS/ all files and folders are present on the Netgear NAS, but ALL THE FOLDERS ARE EMPTY

At first I tried with a newly created user, but the issue is the same wit root user

Any idea?

Thanks for your help
Did you use the rsync recursion option -- -r -- to tell it to recurse into your directories?

pieca

Cadet
I'm sorry, but netgear nas doesn't seems to use command line.....
But I'm guessing this is my problem as I've just tried with a single folder and it seems to works...

Redcoat

MVP
I'm sorry, but netgear nas doesn't seems to use command line.....
But I'm guessing this is my problem as I've just tried with a single folder and it seems to works...
Maybe try push from your FreeNAS box?