Error with rsync

Xor

Cadet
Hi, I've got two systems running FreeNAS 11.3 (the same thing happened with 11.2) and I'm trying to rsync 2 large folders between the two servers. There are two tasks.The problem is that it runs fine the first time. Everything is where it should be. The second time it runs rsync will create the same folder inside the target folder.

For example: the target folder is "Folder" is empty. When rsync runs for the first time, it will create "Sub_Folder1", "Sub_Folder2", "Sub_Folder3" and so on. That is normal. The second time it will run, these sub folders (the content of what is rsynced) won't be touched and "Folder" will then be again created in the original "Folder". The content will then be re-copied. This happens on the two tasks. On the source, one has a status of failed. On the target, success on the two tasks. On the target, this is a sample of the log:
Feb 11 03:04:59 HOSTNAME rsyncd[61001]: rsync: recv_generator: mkdir "CONTENT" (in TASK) failed: No such file or directory (2)
Feb 11 03:04:59 HOSTNAME rsyncd[61001]: *** Skipping any contents from this failed directory ***

I'm using rsync module. The username and group are the same between servers. One is set to run at Midnight and the other at 3AM. I'm using: Recursive, Times, Archive, Delete and Preserve permissions.

Does anyone has any idea of what's going on?

Apollo

Wizard
For the very short time I have used rsync, I was being blocked with the "No such file or directory" error message.
On my end, it turned out to be caused by files being copied but character ponctuation wasn't respected. For instance "é" would be copied as "e" and so forth and as a result the file name would have been different hence having rsync complain about the missing file.
The file was copied but didn't retain its proper naming structure.

Xor

Cadet
The character punctuation is fine. The data is copied fine, but rsync create another directory inside de target directory (which has the content) and it recopies everything in this directory. I basically have two sets of copies of a single rsync task.

joe007

Cadet
After a whole day of tests, I have concluded that RSYNC will show you only empty folders while syncing. after it will finish
you will get all your files and folders as they should be shown :\