lyle

Contributor
I read 1gb per tb about 1,000 times.

lyle

Contributor
I read 1gb per tb about 1,000 times.

warri

Guru
I'm having a perfectly stable system with 4 GB RAM, so don't worry about that.

What is your exact hardware? Did you already perform a RAM test?

cyberjock

Inactive Account
I'm having a perfectly stable system with 4 GB RAM, so don't worry about that.

What is your exact hardware? Did you already perform a RAM test?

And you know how many people have lost their pools because they had kernel panics until death-do-you-and-your-data-part?

When it comes to RAM its one of those things that you are welcome to gamble with, but PLENTY of people will tell you its not worth it in the long run. Why you'd go to all the trouble to learn a new OS, start using an amazing file system, then screw the whole thing up by choosing to not go with ECC RAM or not using enough RAM to keep the system stable.

Yes, there's exceptions to every rule. But you know what the problem is? Everyone always wants to think they're an exception.

The reason why I asked about RAM is because that error often means you need more of it....

lyle

Contributor
OK, Cyberjock, it looks like it's back to the computer store for more RAM.

warri- I will figure out how to do a RAM test and get back to you. Computer specs:

Intel g2030 dual core processor 3GHz
Kingston 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 mem
Gigabyte GX-H61M-DS2H moboard
2x 2TB Seagate barracuda HD

lyle

Contributor
Hello, all!

I added another 4GB of RAM shortly after this last post, and I am pleased to say that I have a stable system for more than 3 weeks now. Thanks to everyone and especially Cyberjock for your help.

Now....I would still like to try and recover the data from a single 1TB disk that has some important data on it. I wanted to wait until I had a stable system before I tried it again.

I plugged it in and is being recognized in the BIOS and by Freenas. However, when I try to import it, I get this error message:
error msg.jpg

Can anyone help me understand this error message?

thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.